@sistersinhim I'm very happy with how things are turning out given the problems l've had. The tendon feels like it's tearing, a very sharp pain and then it goes as soon as it happens. Quite often it happens when l bend my knee in bed!! You're absolutely correct about the knee being weaker...
Hi @Majic haven't posted for quite a time. Still doing well, although I'm still having Physio. My bend is fab about 125 degrees and I'm virtually pain free. How are you?
@sistersinhim Left knee is fine, although l sometimes have a feeling that the patella tendon is tearing! I don't have a...
Had my follow up appointment with my OS today. Progressing well, my ROM is just about 120. Still suffering from a little bit of pain and ligament problems but he told me that they will take some weeks more to settle. Still got to have Physio but that light is getting bigger! :hugzz:
Managed to become a member of the ODIC club again - thought l was further on than l was after my mua! Good news is that the Physio thinks a few days of rest and icing will see it back to where it was last week. No Physio at all today. Due to see OS on Tuesday.
Quick update. Recovery going well although my lateral ligament is still very tight, think it needs oiling!! Knee still catches on medial side and clicks. Hardly limping now so it looks like everything is progressing well.
I contacted Raffs and she said that she'll try and update her thread this weekend. You could ask him about PRP treatment but I know that Raffs had trouble getting her insurance company to cover the costs for it.
I'm getting there, slowly. As you know l had my mua 3 weeks ago and adhesions were...
Excellent news about your flexion. Like you I'm glad l had my MUA, so good to have the flexion back, not sure if l'll get more than 120 as that's all the OS could get, but l am optimistic. I'm also having some further Physio sessions so will be interesting to see how both you and l have fared in...
Raffs is still suffering from her patella tendinitis. She's had 3 PRP injections (paid for privately) to help improve the blood flow to that tendon, however, she's not that sure if they've been that successful. She's still having Physio and has been told that the tendonitis can take a long time...
Starting phased return to work from Monday - working from home mostly for a couple of weeks before getting back to my normal routine. Still have tightness, stiffness and medial discomfort. Be interesting to see how the flexion (ROM) behaves, hopefully, it will remain.
@Majic Gosh I hope it's cooler for you this evening, otherwise it could be like a sauna for you. Thankfully the Physio dept wasn't too hot as it's almost underground!! You're right there, we don't have enough weather like this so we can't acclimatise properly.
@Tabbycat Seeing the OS on the 16 Aug so will be interesting yo see what he suggests. I'm very happy to have 120 degree bend although it was a forced bend! Managed to get 115 by myself.
I've got a fan and am lying in front of it on the settee! My poor pussy cat is suffering in this heat but...
Just got back from a very hot Physio session! Physio now thinks l might have some scar tissue which is causing the medial ligament to catch when l bend my knee! Then said l might just have to learn to live with my discomfort rather than having any other treatment. Not too happy with that...
What a great report, so happy for you. My MUA also appears to be responding well, just need to get these pesky ligaments to heal and hopefully, like you, l'll start to see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.
Saw my Physio today and she is very happy with my progress, the ROM is about 110. Told her about the pain I'm experiencing on the inner and outer side if my knee and she said its ligaments which were probably injured during the MUA - told to keep taking painkillers and rest, Also been told to...
Knee has been quite sore lately. Probably something to do with driving and doing too much - guess the ODIC club strikes again. Ligament is still playing up on the inside of the knee which is stopping me from doing exercises!! Rested and elevated etc today, so hopefully it will settle.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.