Recent content by catkin69

  1. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    @snoots id love to see a picture of your cauliflower I don’t really have any swelling just my little egg. Looking in a mirror my knees look fairly similar! I’m so glad you have got your quality life back. Do you remember the early days when we never thought we would get there!! I haven’t...
  2. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    @Jamie thank you for touching base with me! After my last post I was reviewed by my consultant and sent back to physio and advised to start taking meloxicam. The new physio was fabulous. I was given a lot of deep massage and realistic ‘exercise’ regime. I went back to work at 16 weeks post -op...
  3. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    Thanks @Jolease , wine definitely helps! We will get there. Who knows when!!
  4. catkin69

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    It definitely sounds like you need some time out. I have total respect for everyone back at work because I know I can’t face that challenge yet. It is so difficult not to overdo when you are just trying to live your normal life. Feet up, relax and enjoy your weekend x
  5. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    @Irish471 at 10 weeks I thought I had cracked it and could see the light at the end of the tunnel but that tunnel seems to have got longer and I don’t see it! @KarriB I guess it is just that expectation that we will bounce back quicker! I shall keep chipping away at this recovery. My husband...
  6. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    @Jockette thanks for replying. I had read that partials take as long to recover from but I think I discounted that a bit thinking I’m only 50 and the rest of me was working very nicely!! I am just so frustrated and didn’t imagine I would need so long off work. I think that is what is bothering...
  7. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    I am 12 weeks along now and if I’m honest I’m feeling pretty miserable. I’m still not fit to go back to work as I can only walk very short distance without my stick and my knee is still giving way. There is no way I can manage the 10,000 steps I do on a shift at work. If I stand for any length...
  8. catkin69

    TKR Snoots recovery thread<

    @snoots If it’s any consolation I am not back at work either. My quad is still weak too and causes my leg to give way when it’s tired. I can’t face a long shift with that happening! It’s hard not to compare and I think because I am relatively young it would be a breeze. It’s not!! Work have...
  9. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    I will be careful @Jockette I don’t have an exercise bike so I use the different bikes and the treadmill because I can ‘walk on the beach’ I am having problems with my knee giving way because my quads are still weak!
  10. catkin69

    TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

    Hooray!! Well done @Bionic . Enjoy your holiday, much deserved and it will make you feel so much better xx
  11. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    Thank you @Jockette . I have been to the gym today with my daughter. We did a little bit on a few machines and it felt pretty good. I feel like there is light at the end of this long long tunnel!
  12. catkin69

    TKR JDinCT Recovery Thread

    @JDinCT a knee club g and t would have been perfect! Happy to read that you are doing so well and getting back on with your life. I finally ventured out on my bike with my hubby and son who were doing a little run. I did one and a half miles came home, cried and felt sick!! Can’t believe how...
  13. catkin69

    TKR Snoots recovery thread<

    Hi @snoots How lovely to have flown home. I hope you have a great time with family. How did the massage go? I’m still pottering along. Frustrated by my perceived lack of progress. Take care up ‘North’
  14. catkin69

    Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

    @Jolease was good to read your 8 week report. I accidentally went down a couple of stairs ‘normally’ and also paid for it! Someone was at the door and I just ‘forgot’ I was going to try my bike this weekend but the last few days have been a bit tough again. It may be because I have ditched the...
  15. catkin69

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    @Jodingers when I drag myself out of bed I will see what I do with my heel!! I am walking without stick in the house but still taking it if walking any distance. The last few days have been awful. I haven’t overdone it but the pain keeps catching me. Not constant just intermittent and I have...
Back
Top Bottom