Recent content by Cathippy

  1. Cathippy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Hi @Layla @SurreyGirl wasn't sure who sent me the message but was good to be wished happy 2 yr anniversary. My new hip has been grumbling lately but no idea why now and my old hip complains as the leg remains stubbornly out of synch with the new hip and is wearing away. I have continued to...
  2. Cathippy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    No chance here @Layla as our health service and our country in lockdown. No appts ònly care for covid patients. Reduced walking as need to be able to get round till we are out of this. Hope your faring better where you are x
  3. Cathippy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Hi @SurreyGirl Your right I did tiptoe in awhile ago... Have been experiencing pain in my unoperated hip and wanted to look up what I could to preserve it as no chance of getting a new hip just now! @Layla ?? Also been having some pain in new hip Never really managed to get myself properly...
  4. Cathippy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Hi @SurreyGirl Great to hear your still around and pushing out the boat still :loll: This time last year was on crutches 6 weeks post hip so really grateful to be able to walk so much better without crutches. Some problems with unoperated leg after straining knee...
  5. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: Thanks Layla. You guys are amazing Thank you
  6. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    Delighted to hear from you and thank you for remembering me Have had a challenging time with leg length discrepancy and strained short leg knee recently causing some hip pain non operated side Grrrrr ! However reminding myself I am walking this year without crutches which is good Wishing...
  7. Cathippy

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Hi @otisbeagle Felt utterly exhausted reading all the exercise you do on top of caring for your little one...phew :snork: Hope your pain improves soon with rest! I would love to up my game but the small leg length differential is really screwing my body up. Legs ache and back particularly on...
  8. Cathippy

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Hi @otisbeagle Am at similar stage of recovery as you. Yes i get aches and pains at times. Hip can feel stiff and can ache more when in bed despite using a cushion. Usually wears off as get into daily activity. Some of my pain may be having slight leg length discrepancy of cm which i try to...
  9. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    Sounds as if your early days been hard being on your own @Trudijane. I was lucky to have my 88yr old mum to look after me. Being able to walk is wonderful so have been surprised to have found myself low. I hold onto knowing all things pass...with time ...for us all.
  10. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    Thanks @Mojo333 been lovely here tho bit of a chilly wind. We did have some unusual hot weather here in Feb tho. I live in NW England and last summer was exceptional hot and dry too. Where are you? Have just had a run of three days not feeling too emotional despite being stressed with my...
  11. Cathippy

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    I am hoping my body and mind will rebalance by nine months @SurreyGirl and by 12mths body wont mind work so much. Glad you had a good holiday:)
  12. Cathippy

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Hi @Mojo333 no sadly long past being hormonal as could have corrected that with hrt. Hoping 6mths at most will see it out as its pretty miserable. Thanks x
  13. Cathippy

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Six months post op and over last three months have found myself feeling very emotional, low, negative and not enjoying things as I use too. Ironic as I am a therapist who works with people with depression but no one is immune and I have felt this way in the past. I am going through the...
  14. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    Thanks @Mojo333 My other hip though worn on thexray is asymptomatic so wont be having it done anytime soon. In the meanwhile i am left with shoes I can no longer wear and a painful back particularly since I increased my walking. I am praying the chiro will be able to identify the problem...
  15. Cathippy

    THR Six days post surgery<

    Well holiday was ok and did lots of walking but my back has been really playing up and it appears might be because my insole for shorter leg has flattened. Cannot get it out of shoe either so been having to patch with a gel heel. Experimenting with heel lifts and have arranged an assessment...
Back
Top Bottom