Recent content by CarolynS

  1. C

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    So good to hear from you, Dewey! Our first knees are "twins" as they were done around the same time. Isn't it great to be able to everything you never thought you could? I tweaked a tendon a couple of months ago line dancing, and I still get twinges from it now and then, but otherwise I'm...
  2. C

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    Dewey, I'm so glad to hear your report. There is indeed life after TKR! The recovery can be a real challenge, and there's no way to predict who will be a turtle and who will be a hare. But in the end it is so worth it. I was fortunate enough to be a hare. Four months after my right knee...
  3. C

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Brenda, I started using my hot tub about 8 weeks after surgery, when I felt I could safely get in and out (it's a stand-along tub with three steps to get in, so I was very cautious). It felt so good....I'm not sure if it really helped with the flexion/extension but it was sure relaxing! And...
  4. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Follow up and probably my last post here, as I'm doing great! I'm 9 weeks past my second TKR. Saw my surgeon and he's released me....I can hike, bike, do anything I want! In fact he said my recovery from both knees was impressive - generally his practice tells patients to expect a 4-6 month...
  5. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Follow up and probably my last post here, as I'm doing great! I'm 9 weeks past my second TKR. Saw my surgeon and he's released me....I can hike, bike, do anything I want! In fact he said my recovery from both knees was impressive - generally his practice tells patients to expect a 4-6 month...
  6. C

    TKR TKR Both knees: Is it so painful

    Hi, Geoff, I don't post here very often but I had both knees replaced several months apart as you did, so I know where you're coming from. My right knee which was replaced the end of January is now complaining that it's having to take a back seat (and do more of the work) to the left knee which...
  7. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    I'm almost afraid to say this out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but so far knee #2 is doing better than knee #1. It felt better almost from the get-go, and unlike with the first knee when I had so much swelling I could barely get a shoe on, I've had almost no swelling at all. I asked the...
  8. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Whoops, surgery is the 16th, I should be going home the 19th. Guess I'm trying to block the intervening days from my mind!
  9. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Forum administrators, maybe you could change the title of my thread? How about "1 down, 1 to go"
  10. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Good morning, all! Knee #1 continues to do well. I walked all over Boston last week with nary a twinge! Now I'm gearing up for knee #2 on July 16. Have all fingers and toes crossed that it goes as well as the first one. I had a nice conversation with the nurse manager on the surgical floor...
  11. C

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    Dewey, I think you'll do fine without PT. I found that what helped me the most was just getting out and living! Normal activities such as cooking, light cleaning, laundry, shopping (even if you have to hold on to the shopping cart!) will get you and your knees moving. But take it slow and...
  12. C

    TKR Dewey Did It...#1 AND #2

    Dewey, good to hear from you, even though you are still frustrated by your (seemingly) slow progress. I'll bet you make progress by leaps and bounds over the next few weeks and will be ready to dance on the sand when you get to the beach! Well, maybe not dance, exactly! I found just walking...
  13. C

    TKR 1 Down, Two to Go!

    Whooo hoooo! Three months out and I went zip lining in Hawaii today! I did great! The zip line part was a snap.. Climbing the hills between the towers, not so much. But I did it! Next year I'll be back with two good knees, and maybe I'll even be brave enough to let go the death grip on the handles!
  14. C

    TKR One Year Later

    Nancy, thank you so much for this post! It's encouraging to hear about success stories. I'm just 3 months out and hope I'll be doing as well as you are on my one-year anniversary.
  15. C

    TKR Lt. knee done and now so is the Right. Recovery here I come.

    Hello, Lee, we are mirror twins! I had RTKR on Jan. 29 and knee #2 needs to be replaced also. I'm having #2 done July 9, so I can just get it over with and have (fingers crossed) two wonderful knees by the end of the year. My daughter is a teacher so can be with me for a couple of weeks, and...
Back
Top Bottom