Recent content by Carol Anna

  1. Carol Anna

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    Hi Mamie Apologies that I am late with a response but I have been struggling a lot with joint pain and feeling sorry for myself. When I had the PE I was taken off HRT and of course the lack of oestrogen particularly coming off cold turkey made all my joints really painful amongst other things...
  2. Carol Anna

    TKR I’m needing encouragement. Sure glad I found this place.

    I was relieved to read this as I now know why I am oversensitive to a lot of things particularly noies and now I can put a tag on it and know that there are others out there with the same problem - thank you!
  3. Carol Anna

    PKR Should I worry?

    I don't always take the advice but I fortunately have a great husband who reminds me - can't always stop me but he reminds me :rotfl: e.g. today I do yoga and we also need to go to supermarket so hubby sensibly says "remember it was too much last time so lets go tomorrow". I might listen then...
  4. Carol Anna

    PKR Should I worry?

    Don't forget that your normal daily activities will still be excercise and I would rather be able to walk up and down the kitchen lcooking dinner in comfort rather than push myself to do excercise, particularly if it caused pain and too much discomfort - but that's me and I know we are not all...
  5. Carol Anna

    PKR Should I worry?

    My PKR was in October (I really must get round to posting an update on my thread) I am getting better daily from the knee op but still have days when if I say go for a 1 mile walk in the morning and to the supermaket in the afternoon - it can still be too much leaving me exhausted and my knee...
  6. Carol Anna

    PKR Patriciad Left PKR Recovery

    Wonderful news!!! I am at 6 months and knee improving more each day. I am looking forward to being in your position when I am 10 months out. Might consider having right knee done if all come good for left PKR.
  7. Carol Anna

    TKR MUA

    I was about 12 weeks before I managed a complete revolution. I am now into my 6th month and can do 15 minutes on the static bike at varying resistance levels but none too hard. I went for a walk this morning for about a mile and will go to gym this afternoon for an hour to do gentle...
  8. Carol Anna

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    I totally understand that you are happy that they found something they could do something about - it must be awful for those who have problems with no solution and I am hoping and praying that you will now have a great recovery. Onward and upward!
  9. Carol Anna

    TKR Post Op knee recovery fears, concerns, and optimisms

    All sounds normal to us bonesmarters. I am 5 months out and some days I think good thoughts and some days I wish I still had not had it done. I take comfort from others on this site that it will improve and they have not been wrong so far on any advice they have given me. Take it steady and...
  10. Carol Anna

    PKR Red/warm skin round wound

    This is probably normal as @glidefloss it was the same for me and even now 5 months on my left knee is most likely to be warmer and redder than my right knee after excercise. Best to speak to your PT though to settle your mind - when I asked mine about the bruising/redness he said it was normal...
  11. Carol Anna

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    I totally agree @Mamie - I suffered a pulmonary embolism 3 months after my op most likely due to clots in my leg after the op and due in part to not being active enough when I suffered a set back. There were many other factors that the doctors at the hospital did not take into consideration...
  12. Carol Anna

    TKR My Journey

    Congratulations on your 6 weeks achievements here's to more over the next few weeks. :dancy:
  13. Carol Anna

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    I think you are doing amazing for 5 weeks out. A lot of what you want/need to do are things that those with help would just not think of doing at 5 weeks (myself included) but I understand that if you live on your own you have no choice. A rucksack is good for shopping as long as you do not...
  14. Carol Anna

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    Remember that you are worth more to God than a whole flock of sparrows. You have my sympathy and my admiration but most important you are in my prayers. God Bless Carol Anna
Back
Top Bottom