Recent content by CapnRic

  1. CapnRic

    TKR Change in Plan - Need Advice, Please!

    For what it is worth, they scheduled mine as outpatient with surgery at 3pm.... Hahahaha, yeah, right. I said there was no way in hell I am going home same day, they said, "...just wake up and we will deal with it...". I stayed 2 days after surgery because they had no clue how to control my...
  2. CapnRic

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    By the way, my thoughts on regarding a massage, I would be extremely careful about who massages your knee. I would ONLY have a licensed physical therapist work my knee over. They have special ways to manipulate and move it around to decompress it, ensure patellar mobility, etc. A massage is...
  3. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    Hi Jamie, I agree 100% with everything you said. I am going to wait a month and get a new x-ray, especially since I have been trying this Kinesio tape and it seems to be helping. If it is still a problem I am going to pressure the Dr on the issue and if he does not respond I will seek a new Dr...
  4. CapnRic

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    OMG, I have to share. I just discovered Kineseology Taping at a new level (I am 6.5 weeks out). My therapist used it to help put my patella in place to stop the clicking and train the muscles to to keep the Patella where it belongs. It really helped, hence my previous posts. But now I am...
  5. CapnRic

    TKR TKR Recovery surgery on 10/13/21

    ALOKneedsadvice I'm curious how you are doing now at 6 weeks out. I had mine on Oct 14th, and I'm the same age. Stairs are not in my vocabulary yet but getting close, doing half-stairs. I just started to be able to walk a mile without pain (with patience and no timer). Right on about the...
  6. CapnRic

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    Pain... just kidding, everyone on this page knows the word pain.. :) a lot of popping in the front, kind of like going over an eccentric cam if that makes any sense. Pictures on that bone/joint link I had above show it quite well. When it pops it irritates something in there so you end up...
  7. CapnRic

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    SKS1997 , I'm struggling, trying to maintain my cool. Never had to wait this long for any type of physical recovery. Its been a real roller coaster for me, one day up and feel like a million bucks, the next couple days wondering if I'll be cripple the rest of my life. My rational side says be...
  8. CapnRic

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    SKS1997, I feel your pain..... no really, having some of the same problems. This is your journey, only you know the pain... and it is real. It sounds like you are making progress with rising from a chair, that's good. Count the blessings. Even the **** I have now is far less than what I...
  9. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    I have an update and a question. 6 weeks today. Majority of pain is gone but still on pain meds occasionally. No Cane or Walker, can walk around the block but that's about it. Can sit comfortably, can ride a bike (gently) with resistance. Have any of you had a problem with locating your...
  10. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    So I have another question... maybe seeking input from as many as possible. Did your knee click at all? if yes, did it go away? When, why how? 2 weeks after, some swelling has gone down, I'm at 90 deg sitting in a chair, stand without excessive pain. However, when I walk my knee clicks on...
  11. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    Hi Abbylayla, Blue skies ahead.... I appreciate your response. I need to figure out how to change my tagline, as I am not living the nightmare anymore, I'm afraid I was at my wits end when I wrote that. There were days I cried almost the entire day and night from the pain but that is all...
  12. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    Thanks everyone. it helps so much to not feel alone. Finally got his attention. Was ready to go to emergency room if he did not do anything. I’m on 4mg of hydromorphone and as long as I stay ahead of the pain with meds I’m just where I need to be. Daily pain 2-5. I’m walking, I can lift my leg...
  13. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    So I wake up in recovery and there is no spinal block or local block on my leg. I can’t describe the level of pain or horror I experienced. I immediately told them and they said I metabolized it because of my anxiety. “So calm down sir”. I thought I was communicating with my eye as big as dinner...
  14. CapnRic

    TKR Very challenging Left TKR

    What about cement? MY Dr plans on not using cement. What are people's experience with and without cement short term and long term post op?
  15. CapnRic

    THR 2nd Attempt at getting this done

    I'm with you on that one brother, I have my surgery tomorrow and I just posted a "I'm freakin out" message. However, quality of life is important. If you let this go too long your activity level decreases, you put on weight or just get out of shape. Do you have any hobbies or sports you used...
Back
Top Bottom