Recent content by CaliGal

  1. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @OUCH! if and when you go to San Diego and you like burgers, Guy Fieri on Triple D found a hamburger joint down in San Diego area that looked the best burger I ever saw...would love to try that one one day...
  2. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @Happy girl and @Jaycey thanks for your posts....it helps to hear all sides of what this surgery is all about, I appreciate you taking the time to care thanks so much!!!!!!! What house prep did you do Happygal? Jaycee what part of CA where you from?
  3. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @Sommers16 Hiya thanks for our supportive post the OS I saw last year was ready to schedule me last April but I never got back to them chickened out. Due to mostly his pamphlet scared the heck outta me. I never had surgery ever so that adds to it. But like everyone else and like my general...
  4. CaliGal

    These Posts scare me out of having replacement July 6th

    @Royal1383 Hi I just joined today and am frightened as well, I kept putting it off due to I could walk and tolerate the pain it was off and on and now it is more and more and sometimes all the time for simple chores,...so that is why I joined the forum today so I can start the road of...
  5. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @JMACCA sadly been to the hospital a lot either with mom with dementia 5 years ago and my aunt last fall with her failing heart so know the food well lol....
  6. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @Horseshoe so glad I joined just hobbled into the kitchen to put the dogs bowl in the sink and dropped a fragment of chicken hurts so much to bend over was just pathetically crying over how much it hurts to do such a simple thing.....sigh how sad is that...had to tell myself to stop...
  7. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    @Miss Muffet THANKS so much, could not find anything on the postings to tell you how to do that, so thanks so much.....
  8. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    Hi Ouch I am in the Los Angeles area in one of the beach cities....
  9. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    Miss Muffet thanks so much, yes that is why i finally joined this evening after taking the dog for a walk and in pain....so sad...had to come in and take two advil and lay down. I will definetly ask questions...my biggest fear for a long time was not waking up...I guess the Joan Rivers ordeal...
  10. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    Jmacca, when I saw the Ortho doc it was so fast, like it was nothing to him...and they gave me this brochure to read about the entire ordeal...but when they say saw off the bone and hammer in the replacement kinda gives you the heabie jeebies....but now with more pain....have to start thinking...
  11. CaliGal

    Newbie jumping in!

    Thanks Cynthia I think it was a smart decision to join a forum like this with others with the same issue. When I was dealing with my ailing mom it was helpful to be on AgingCare forum to join with others going through that.:thankyou:
  12. CaliGal

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi Mindy, I am new here today and am a candidate for hip surgery but am still too chicken. But the pain is worsening. Never thought I would ever have to deal with this. I know i started to get stiffer in the past several years especially when I noticed it during dance classes. Then about 4...
  13. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    Thanks Ouch, I think it was smart to finally join a forum like this since others know what I am going through as well. Maybe will run into someone in my area going through these same thoughts of pre op.:sos:
  14. CaliGal

    Newbie jumping in!

    Nautique, I am new here today, thought I would join others that are in the same boat as me. It somehow feels good to here the same complaints and issues that I have. Since others around you can walk normally I hobble and hate it. I put off the surgery they wanted to do a year ago, but now the...
  15. CaliGal

    New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

    Hi I just joined today, I thought since I am so frightened and I thought since friends are readily to tell you have surgery and others tell you that they have friends and family have it and they are great, even had a girl at work visit me and tell me her experience, but folks I am literally...
Back
Top Bottom