Recent content by Cabu

  1. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Thanks Jockette,that’s good to know about the tight leg it gives me hope for an even better out come
  2. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hi everyone I hope everybody’s recovery is going smoothly. I’m almost a year out and I am happy that I had TKR. I have almost no pain in the knee at all and can bend and straighten it with ease. However I still find stairs a challenge,it feels like the outside of me knee tightens up as I’m...
  3. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hi everybody hope you are all recovering well !!! I have two questions for anyone more than 5/6 months out from TKR does the fatigue last this long or is it possibly just me ?? and secondly I’m having pain in my upper thigh and it feels bruised even though I haven’t done anything different in...
  4. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hi all Four and a half month update !! I’m doing very well thank god,I would say I have resumed “normal life” for me.I’m trying to walk a little more and longer distances,I wouldn’t have been walking much prior to surgery because of pain so that’s something I’m trying to build up again not in...
  5. Cabu

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    Hi @Suziep Your in the depths of the very hard part of this recovery. Ice as much as you can and just try and surrender to the doing nothing for a little while. I found that part very tough,for about 2-3 weeks all I did was ice,elevate and lay in bed. I only got up to use the bathroom and eat...
  6. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Good to hear your doing ok @BBCG,the heat must be dreadful,I melt when it gets any way hot here so I couldn’t imagine that kind of heat. Also the smoke from the fires !!! I hope you and your family are able to keep safe from both x
  7. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hi everyone Hope everybody is doing well !!! I’m 15 nearly 16 weeks post RTKR I’m progressing well I would say,I been doing lots of things I wasn’t able to do up to this point in my recovery I’ve had a three day trip with lots of driving very little icing (even though I had two lovely swims in...
  8. Cabu

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    I’m 14 weeks after RTKR and I also need the left one done,it’s been giving me a lot of pain in the last couple of weeks I suppose it’s fed up with having to do most of the work while the right one is healing Anyway pain or no pain at this point in time I couldn’t fathom having the second one...
  9. Cabu

    TKR 2 yr post op scar

    looks great !!!
  10. Cabu

    TKR A New Day

    That’s sounds like a lot of “normal” activity Pat ….well done I’m delighted for you to have come this far in your recovery. It’s is funny how what feels impossible today comes under the heading of normal in a few short weeks. You have always had great words of wisdom and encouragement for me and...
  11. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Hi all 12 week update I’m back doing pretty much everything I was before I had tkr however I’m still not completely pain free and still get a lot of stiffness around the knee. The outside of my knee can be particularly painful and sharp when I stand up sometimes or bend to sit. I don’t think...
  12. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Thanks @BBCG and @Sisterpat I’ll definitely be icing on rest breaks and making my family wait for me, to be fair they’re pretty good to me anyway because the last couple of times I went I wasn’t much more mobile because my knees were so bad anyway. Isn’t it funny though I felt I could push...
  13. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Thanks Jan People are so quick to offer nice encouraging words here on bonesmart it really is invaluable to anyone recovering from surgery but the weight the words carry is so much more than your normal support network because these people know what your going through. I’m not sure about the...
  14. Cabu

    TKR Almost one year out

    Thanks @FourCats, I know I’m not icing or elevating enough,and I really don’t want to be taking pain meds if ice and elevation will do the job just some days are so busy I find it hard to get to it
  15. Cabu

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    So this is what my pain is !!!!! it’s exactly where you describe it but I’m further along in the journey than you @EllieDimples. thanks for describing it so accurately,it always feels good when you have a “oh so that’s what that is “ moment as opposed to “I think I’m going crazy with all these...
Back
Top Bottom