Recent content by B's Knees

  1. B's Knees

    I am the biggest wimp... so afraid. I feel like hiding and running away

    It's understandable to be frightened of surgery. The thing I've found, though, is that nothing is ever as bad as you think it will be. I had both knees done at the same time 6 months ago, and I don't regret it. Neither will you. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  2. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

    This all sounds really bizarre. I was so lucky with my rehab place. It wasn't exactly a nursing home. it's designed just for rehab from hip and knee replacements so there were no "sick" or demented people and all the rooms were private and everybody there was so helpful and so quick to bring...
  3. B's Knees

    Most/Least Helpful?

    You will need big shoes. I couldn't fit into any of the shoes I brought so my husband had to bring my oldest biggest most stretched out pair. It's also very good to have a cord for your glasses unless you need to wear them all the time.
  4. B's Knees

    Post op clothing

    I wore (and am still wearing 11 weeks later) Chico's Traveller pants -- because they're totally stretchy and non-constricting. When I was in rehab. I also had my husband buy me a bunch of big cotton panties because they were easier to pull on & off over the wound.
  5. B's Knees

    ERMI knee extensionator

    Does anyone know anything about this device? It's something you put your leg in & pump up with a bulb. It's supposed to help flatten your leg to improve your extension. My husband saw it online and it turns out they also have one at the place I go for physical therapy. Before I commit to...
  6. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Getting Frustrated and Worried

    I had bilateral knee replacement on December 16. Yesterday was the first time I've been out of the house except to go for physical therapy (3 x week) and the doctor (once). This is partly because of the horrible weather here. One good thing is that I'm missing the worst winter in years...
  7. B's Knees

    BTKR coming up soon

    I had a Bilateral TKR on 12/16/13 and spent 3 weeks in a rehab. facility. I can't speak highly enough about it, although I think it isn't a typical rehab. Place. It was brand new, only has about 28 single bed rooms, and handles only hip & knee replacement rehab. Absolutely every employee in...
  8. B's Knees

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    I have a hard time believing anyone returned to work three weeks after bilateral TKR either. I am four weeks after bilateral and I spend most of my time in bed or exercising. I would love to go back to work but I know it's going to be quite a while yet. My husband keeps trying to convince...
  9. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Getting depressed

    Hi, newkneesnh, Really I don't think that I know enough to give you any advice. I had my bilateral TKR on December 16, 2013, and went to rehab. on dec. 19. I just came home on January 11. I am a long way from being rehabilitated. I'm still swollen and I have the famous feeling of...
  10. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Getting depressed

    I'm incredibly grateful for everyone's responses. So far I'm not finding my first day on my own at home too bad. I'm doing my exercises and relaxing in bed with various entertainments (Hulu Plus) & Next Issue (magazines on my iPad). I do miss the organized exercises from rehab., but I am trying...
  11. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Getting depressed

    Thanks for replying. I guess I'm missing the rehab where people were absolutely wonderful to me and I had regular rehab and lot of company. I know how much time it's going to take and I just have to manage to get through it.
  12. B's Knees

    Bilateral TKR Getting depressed

    I came home from 3 weeks of rehab. yesterday. Except for doing exercises I've pretty much just been lying around. I still need a lot of work on the extension in my right leg. The left is better. My husband is going to work tomorrow of course so I'm facing long weeks of being by myself now...
  13. B's Knees

    Bad day until I read a post op story

    Hi, I had bilateral TKR on 12/16. I'm still in rehab - going home on 1/11. I won't lie to you. Rehab is a lot of work, BUT you will have tremendous stability in your knees immediately. I don't think I COULD fall down. It sounds like you're in the Chicago area. Me, too. You probably...
  14. B's Knees

    New rider on the knee replacement train

    Somebody was asking about general anesthesia vs. Spinal. I didn't have a choice. My dr. Does nerve blocks & general. I was worried about it. I had heard of people being confused, with hallucinations, etc., but actually it worked out fine. I think I did throw up once, but that was it.
  15. B's Knees

    Dec. 27th Left Lateral PKR

    I'm sorry but Mac Irish's idea of returning to work full-time in two weeks is just laughable. I don't know if it's a guy thing or what, this isreally unrealisti c I'm in a rehab facility now where there are more women than men patients, but I have to tell you the men are really hurting...
Back
Top Bottom