Recent content by Briggieride

  1. Briggieride

    MIS-2?

    @MajorHeidi , your memory is correct. I have had the MIS-2 and am absolutely thrilled with the result @seahip . I am 4 month and 2 weeks post-op and if I did not have those two little scars I would not know that I have had my hip replaced. My surgeon was Dr. Paul Manner at the UW. His assistant...
  2. Briggieride

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    I was prescribed 2 antibiotics [Levaquin 750mg tablets and Metronidazole 500mg tablets] at the same time for a possible bout of diverticulitis. The doc did not even do any culture check whatsoever. I told him that I was pretty sure that my problem came from taking all the ibuprofen before my...
  3. Briggieride

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    I remember getting out all by myself too about a week after. Just a little walk with my elbow crutches to the mailbox and back. Our mailbox is down a long driveway through the woods. Boy, did that feel wonderful! My husband kept an anxious eye on me which I found annoying and sweet at the same...
  4. Briggieride

    THR Over and Up!

    @MountainGirl . I am glad that you got good news in regards to your incision site. Did they do anything like cover it up, put some ointment on it? Just wondering since you wrote that you can kind of look inside in one area. That sure would worry me. My hip was replaced on February 4th, so I am...
  5. Briggieride

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    @Josephine . Indeed, there is nothing simple about any of this. It's interesting though how many different thoughts on the subject are out there and because of that I find it important to educate myself a bit and read up on what I have questions about. Then I try to make an informed decision on...
  6. Briggieride

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    I have been reading up on this and am learning that a lot has to do with the ball size of the artificial joint. But not only that, although that one is a biggie, it's the approach too. I was told 120 degrees life time restriction because I have a smaller implant, but was not told what size...
  7. Briggieride

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    @sandee . Very cool! I tried that recently in the shower as well and it worked. I washed my right foot and between all the toes with almost the same ease as my left side. That's progress. I am glad you are getting better and better all the time.
  8. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    @Dmcfad2 . Just wait, Debbie, in six short weeks and with a spirit like yours, you'll be like new. Can't wait to see what you'll be doing then.
  9. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    Eight weeks and two days post-op. Yesterday I spent six hours gardening, pulling weeds, digging up plants, digging in the soil, hauling stuff to the compost pile, raking debris from cedar trees, taking in the scent of turned over soil, getting too much sun on my cheeks, and making plans for...
  10. Briggieride

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    @Dmcfad2 . I agree with @Jamie . Inclines are much too hard on your healing hip this early in the game. I think I tried a fairly steep incline after maybe four weeks [I can't quite remember, but if anyone wants to know they can check out my thread] and after having walked for three miles...
  11. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    What a day I've had. Beautiful weather, two of my grandgirls stayed with us for two days. I played with them, carried one of them, sat on the floor playing Mankala, helped them put plants of their choosing into pots, gave them the job of pulling old strawberry plants and paying them 10 cents for...
  12. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    @alexthecat . I look forward to seeing what mischief you are up to in a year or two. Me too. Yikes, I'll be 60 or 61 then. Wow, when and how did that happen? I want to retire. I want to retire now, because after a days work I am just not as peppy anymore. Just wait until menopause hits you...
  13. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    @alexthecat . I totally understand what you are saying as I am very limber, although not the same as when I was 46. Back then I never thought anything would change for me physically, but then I injured the labrum in my right hip doing something I probably should not have, but I could not help...
  14. Briggieride

    THR My life with Helga the Hip1

    @MajorHeidi , @alexthecat . Really, there is nothing to worry. I sit on the ground all the time with my knees right under my chin, my breasts touching my thigh. How is that possible since I have that 120 degrees restriction you might wonder still? It is possible, because my back is curved. It's...
  15. Briggieride

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    @Dmcfad2 . Hi, yes, my quad was really tight after surgery. I expected that as I had the anterior approach. It's not really surprising, is it, since the OS did a whole lot of messing around inside your hip joint, regardless of how small the incision is. My incision is 2.5 inches and I also had...
Back
Top Bottom