Hey everyone. I am doing well and had my 4-year checkup a few months ago. I have some pain in my knee pretty consistently now, but not near like it was. I have fallen multiple times on my new knee since the surgery (I have issues with falling) and I guess all of that caused a bone spur or...
Thanks everyone for the responses. @Josephine I take 2 650 mg extended release of tylenol. I can't tell that much of a difference. I don't take them every night, but when I have had a particularly hard day and have been on my feet a lot I will take them. Sorry about not reading the chart...
Well, it has been a little more than 10 months and for the most part I am doing great. :yahoo:
I walk at many different speeds with no pain, I can get up and down with ease from a sitting position, and I continue to see improvement. I haven't had my ROM taken in a long time, but I would guess...
Sorry to hear about your husband's sister. I am sure you will do fine for a few days by yourself. It may make you feel more positive when you find out how far you have come and what you are able to do. I have two dogs and have had to adjust to taking them out the front door instead of going...
Well, I have been back at work for a week and a half and have had children two and a half days. Everything has gone fairly well. I have had to work more than I wanted to this week so I could be ready for the kids on Wednesday. My kankle is back. I hope to spend a large part of the weekend...
Luisa,
I got caught up on how things are going with you. I am so glad the interview went well. Maybe that will help in your recovery knowing that is behind you. It sounds like you are seeing improvement again. I am sure it will continue. Don't let your new pt bully you into too much. At...
New update. I worked in my classroom with help Monday and Tuesday and was exhausted both nights, but got a really good nights sleep last night. School starts with inservice a week from today and we will see how that goes. I have had some pain off and on and had to take meds on occasion, but...
Luisa,
So sorry to hear about your recent setback. I know you were just beginning to see some normalness come back into your life. It is easy for me to say, but try not to be too discouraged. As far as whining goes, whine away. You have a right to say those things and this seems to have...
Hey, sorry to hear about your family issue. I am sure that hasn't helped with sleep either. I will say a prayer for you and I hope it is resolved quickly and in a positive way. We just think our children are going to grow up and we won't have to worry about them any more. I think at times the...
I haven't mentioned it to you, but I love New York. I have been to Manhattan several times in the last 10 years and once when I was in college when it wasn't such a safe place to visit. My daughter and I love to come and go to plays and walk and explore. Our last trip was Dec. 2011 right...
An update on my recovery. I am through with pt (yeah), but I will miss all of my therapists. My ROM is 125 and 6 (that is the bad 6), but I am continuing working on both and am definitely going to keep up some type of activity. I am looking at the Y here that has a pool and ROM classes. I...
Teaching is a great profession if you are called to it. On the other hand, it is not for everybody. I get so amused by the folks who say "Well anybody can be a teacher. You only work from 8-3 and have Christmas and summer off." Yes, I guess technically my hours are from 7:45-3:30 Monday...
Hello to all you fellow non-sleepers. Mine is getting better at times and I do think it does have something to do with the meds. I also wonder if it could be related to our lack of activity. I know I am not doing near the things I would be doing because of this and even though I have pt or my...
School is definitely different today. I walked to school and had a neighborhood school. Now that school starts in August, it has been so hot some years that we have to have special heat schedules for recess. There are a few schools in our area that will begin in July. We often discuss...
I went over to your thread and read about your recovery. I don't think I had realized you were on your second tkr. You definitely did a lot of traveling. I noticed you have started back to some of your normal schedule now. School starts back in two and a half weeks with inservice, but there...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.