Recent content by BossK

  1. BossK

    TKR 6 weeks post op and counting

    Best wishes to you, @Kyoung! I had my left done exactly a year ago today, and my right almost 6 months ago. (Doc wouldn't do both at the same time.) Stay on your medicine routine. It really took about 6 to 8 weeks for each of mine before I stepped down to straight Tylenol. You've got this...
  2. BossK

    TKR Patience not my virtue

    Hooray! I'm celebrating my one year knee-versary for my left knee today! I'm still hanging around 130 for my ROM, less especially after a long day, and in two weeks my right will be 6 months old. You're getting there!! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    Happy knee-versary to my left knee! It was one year ago today! I am so happy the recovery is behind me. It still gets achy when I've been on it too long, or when weather is moving in, but I went for a three mile walk today like I do almost every weekend. Haven't started yoga, but truly the wise...
  4. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    It's so hard to believe it takes a year, but truly, my left knee is almost a year old, and it's still letting me know now and then that I have overdone it. My right knee is almost 6 months old. Incredible how time flies, and I count myself fortunate my recovery has been good. I'm thinking I may...
  5. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    Thank you, sweets! I hope your recovery is smooth sailing! Boss K LTKR November 4, 2016 RTKR April 17, 2017
  6. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    I'm almost done with my first quarter of school! Being on my feet all day has led to some nights of icing, and getting in bed early just to get off my legs. I have zero time to do PT, so I'm doing life and stretching and calling it a done deal. I'm exhausted as a teacher, that's for sure! Sent...
  7. BossK

    Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

    Prayers coming at you!!! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. BossK

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    I am your converse problem! The lack of strength and muscle tone on my right knee, now 5 months old, is frustrating. Just doing a lot of walking in my daily life, and tons of stretching in the morning to alleviate the annoying tendon flicking. I have ZERO time to go to PT! Sent from my iPad...
  9. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    I did it!! It was hard, but now I'm am trying to get on the bike at least 3 days a week before the weather turns. The leaves are already changing here in Colorado. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. BossK

    TKR Patience not my virtue

    I'm new to this thread. I can't even believe it's in two short months my LTKR will be a year old! My RTKR will be 6 months old! For those early in the game, it's hard when in the throes to think "This too shall pass", but it really does. I look back on my weeks on the couch with my ice machine...
  11. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    Truth! Boss K LTKR November 4, 2016 RTKR April 17, 2017
  12. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    Thank you! Relief is an understatement. Boss K LTKR November 4, 2016 RTKR April 17, 2017
  13. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    Oh! I took my first real bike ride in 10 months today. My neighborhood is all hills, so I'm going to pay for this tomorrow, that's a given. Tylenol, take me away! (Can't take a pain med and be coherent by tomorrow morning when students arrive.[emoji12]) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    He is indeed!! Boss K LTKR November 4, 2016 RTKR April 17, 2017
  15. BossK

    BossK's recovery thread

    It was removed already, but I was told the chances of me growing more are pretty high. This is my second one. So if I keep farming the little boogers, then the uterus must go. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom