Recent content by Bonetired

  1. Bonetired

    Hip replacement #2

    I'm baaaaccck. Right hip replacement recovery is going well. I love my new right hip. At my 6 week checkup, I scheduled my left hip replacement for April 23rd. Felt the left one "break" (for lack of a better word) 3 weeks ago. Felt it catch, then snap off a piece of femur (both hips were...
  2. Bonetired

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    Me! 2nd hip replacement on left side will be on April 23rd.
  3. Bonetired

    THR Home

    Thank you @Layla I think I'm doing well . Not really sure how I should be feeling 2 weeks out. I was thinking about posting a question in here. I'm getting around well. Not using my walker any longer and barely use my cane. But I still have some pain in the hip socket. I fell off the wagon...
  4. Bonetired

    THR Home

    I DID have an anterior approach but I'm unfamiliar with any boots!? Were the boots at least cute with the hospital gown? Just kidding! Really though, I didn't know anything about boots. I do have to agree with you though about my entire leg hurting! I have deep bruises all up along my leg...
  5. Bonetired

    THR Home

    Thank you all! I think I'm 10 days out now? Every day is new. I'll have something feel better only to have something new pop up that hurts. Lol I'm assuming it's the swelling going down and making me simultaneously feel better and worse! I'm actually getting around great. I don't need much...
  6. Bonetired

    THR Home

    I had my right hip replaced Thursday afternoon. The surgery was just over 2 hours. I was in the hospital for all of 20 hours! And was sent home last night. My thigh feels like it was beat up with a baseball bat, my neck is really bruised and the anesthesiologists cut the inside of my lip and I...
  7. Bonetired

    Leg locks during sleep

    Thank you. Here are my xrays. I think you can see a piece of broken off femur. Not really sure if my scans show my issues or not..
  8. Bonetired

    New hip in 12 days

    Thank you for being a voice of reason. I'm not thinking rationally and can't seem to get there..
  9. Bonetired

    New hip in 12 days

    I'm freaking out a little ... Ok a lot. I'm not ready. This day came up too fast! It's tomorrow. I also fell off the no smoking wagon. Maybe a psychological mind game to try to sabotage my surgery date. If I tell the surgeon I messed up with smoking 3 days , he'll probably cancel my surgery...
  10. Bonetired

    Thighs are killing me

    These answers are so so helpful! Maybe I can now imagine the relief that is in sight. The description of feeling like I've run a marathon is dead on. What a relief! Thank you all.
  11. Bonetired

    Leg locks during sleep

    I get woken 4 or 5 times per night in excruciating pain because my leg locks during sleep. This only started happening when my hip progressed from bad to really bad. So basically what happens is I wake up with my leg in terrible horrible pain and am unable to move it. It just will not move...
  12. Bonetired

    New hip in 12 days

    Thank you Surrey Girl and MOJO. Tomorrow is the day. Yikes
  13. Bonetired

    Thighs are killing me

    Before your hip replacement surgery , did your thighs hurt like crazy? They feel like pulled muscles but I certainly haven't done anything active enough to pull the muscles! Heck, I can barely walk and when I do I have to use a cane. I just wonder if this thigh pain (that goes down to my...
  14. Bonetired

    New hip in 12 days

    I have crps in my ankle and thoracic and I have 1 bad knee. Plus I am a bit overweight from no activity. Plus I've been on narcotic pain meds for a long time and he was concerned about being able to control my pain and I was a smoker. He stated all of those reasons as why he wasn't comfortable...
  15. Bonetired

    New hip in 12 days

    Erman
Back
Top Bottom