Recent content by BionicWoman2

  1. BionicWoman2

    THR 11 days since RTHR and Recovering

    Thank you for sharing, you have given me some encouragement, and the explanation your surgeon gave you, totally makes sense. I was trying to understand how my pelvis would tilt, but I have been compensating for tremendous pain for many years. I look forward to seeing how things progress over...
  2. BionicWoman2

    THR 11 days since RTHR and Recovering

    Hello hippie friends. I am 11 days post-op for my RTHR and 2 years post-op from my LTHR. I forgot what the surgical pain felt like, but I have been managing well. Ice and elevation has been helping with swelling and stiffness/pain. I am feeling couped up and anxious for nice weather so I can...
  3. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    For those interested, I have found thithe 2nd recovery has been easier to deal with. I seem to be gaining strength faster and my gait is more sturdy now that both hips are well supported.
  4. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    Still recovering well. I do have a leg length discrepancy of about an inch to inch and a half, but my doctor told me my legs are the same length. Anyone else have similar results, and was there an improvement with time? Doctor said it could be spine or pelvis. Not sure if I will be dealing...
  5. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    Hi everyone. My surgery went well. I feel better prepared this time, and only used the walker for the first 2 days - moved to crutches as I can get around easier. My surgeon told me that my legs are the same length from hip socket down, but my right leg is at least an inch longer. Hoping that...
  6. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    Sounds encouraging. I can take a few more months of boredom for the expected outcome of having the 2nd hip replaced and being able to move around again. I have been really discouraged, as I thought having just my left hip done would give me back quality of life. I am looking forward to the...
  7. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    It is definitely my goal to start living life again. I have been struggling with chronic hip pain for nearly 25 years, and I haven't been able to do a lot the last 2 years because my 2nd hip decided not to cooperate. I am so happy that technology has allowed us young people to have our hips...
  8. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    Hi fellow Canadian.....good to hear from you. I have the lateral incision as well, and will be same for #2. How does your first hip feel, now with your 2nd hip operated on? My left hip healed well, but I do experience a hollow feeling around the incision sometimes. I think it is lack of...
  9. BionicWoman2

    Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

    Hi hippy friends. I haven't been on this forum for quite some time. I had my left hip replaced in March 2013, and had a wonderful experience. Recovery was not easy, but each day was better than the one before, and now it has been almost 2 years to the date of my 2nd surgery. My right hip...
  10. BionicWoman2

    Knee pain almost as bad or worse than hip pain

    Wish there was an easy way to provide an update - but I'll try here. 6 months post-op - and went dancing Friday night :). Life has really taken a positive turn now that I'm not in pain anymore. I am able to do anything I want and lovin it!!
  11. BionicWoman2

    THR Just new

    Quick update - I am now at 4.5 months, and as you can see from my avatar - I participated in the Color Run today. What a fantastic day - and I wouldn't have been able to do this a year ago. I am back to work full-time and starting to feel myself again. So if there is anyone who is scared...
  12. BionicWoman2

    THR Just new

    Just letting you know that I am 11 weeks and still have a bit of a limp. My hubby thinks it is habbit - but I think it is muscle weakness - they are stronger, but I'm not fully recovered yet.
  13. BionicWoman2

    Lost in the wilderness...

    Hi - I had a hip replacement, with spinal and sedative combined (not general anaestetic). They said they would inject additional medicine in my spinal before removing it - which provided and lasted 12 hours post surgery. I had absolutely no pain. I haven't heard about injecting it into the hip...
  14. BionicWoman2

    Surgery Date Aug. 12

    Sorry for being vague ;). By 'surgery pain', I mean the pain from the incision and muscles that were pulled and moved about during the surgery. It is different from the deep and agonizing bone pain. Possibly because you know why it hurts and that it will get better - where the bone pain is...
  15. BionicWoman2

    Surgery Date Aug. 12

    Hi Sandpiper - thanks for the comment - yes it was - I just updated my pic with a more active one. I'm getting ready to go back to work :( lol. Really there is no reason I can't - I feel terrific.
Back
Top Bottom