Recent content by BionicMama

  1. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Update: So after several days of high fevers, my husband started getting sick and tested positive for COVID. Im testing negative but I think my fever was driven by that virus and not the SSI. I rarely get fevers - like I can count on one hand the number of times in my adult life - but last time...
  2. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Just heard from the surgeon. He said that I should continue with the oral antibiotics for now and that he’d prescribe celebrex for the pain. He feels like we need to just wait another day for the antibiotics to work and so long as there is no drainage (which there isn’t now) that I can remain at...
  3. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    ID had been involved previously but they signed off because things had been going so smoothly this time. I’m sure my surgeon will reach out again. I’m waiting for him to return my message to figure out next steps as my temp is remaining over 39 degrees and I can hardly bend my left knee without...
  4. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    So the saga of infection begins… Had to start antibiotics on Thursday night due to what appeared to be a superficial surgical site infection caused by stitch abscesses. All week my left leg was swollen and progressively getting more painful. I sent a photo to my surgeon and he faxed in a script...
  5. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Thanks everyone. No explanation for what that spot on my incision was. My surgeon wasn’t concerned unless I develop a fever. Thankfully after cleansing it, using polysporin and a silver impregnated dressing for three days, the redness and little bit of drainage stopped and it had been good...
  6. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    4 weeks Post-Op Things have been going well, progressing much faster than my first surgery. Unfortunately on Saturday I noticed a small area on my incision site that was slightly red and painful to touch. Small amount of serous fluid present when pressure applied to the site. I was hopeful it...
  7. B

    TKR Physical therapy

    I had a similar experience with my first knee this past June. Took days to recover from each physio appointment and the swelling was unreal. After my left TKA, I took the advice from this website and planted myself with my leg up and iced it almost every hour. I did the basic stretches...
  8. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Post Op Day#18 So far I have made my check more progress than with the right knee. I stopped using crutches after two to three days, and stopped using a cane indoors around two weeks. I still take it with me when I go out, which has only been for appointments and physio. About half the time I...
  9. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    POD #12 Things have been going fairly well. Pain had taken a bit of an uptick but was settling out and manageable. I had a stomach bug last week which was not ideal when on crutches trying to get to the loo, but it resolved. Then Monday I had my first physio appointment. I stood strong - no...
  10. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    For the last week I’ve been feeling little pain. Barely taking my breakthrough pain meds. My long acting medication just finished Friday morning along with the Celebrix, and for the last 24 hours the pain has gotten to the point that there appears to be no comfortable position to lye in and the...
  11. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Thank you so much Layla for being so supportive during this process. It meant so much when I logged on and saw that you remembered by surgery date. This community is truly incredible. My surgery went as scheduled on Friday October 13th. They were so good with being trauma informed and allowed...
  12. B

    TKR Day 27

    GG’s Girls, it sounds like you are doing amazing post op. I know how hard it is to anticipate what it will be like afterwards - this is my second surgery in four months and I still wasn’t fully sure what to expect. I found that I had to take my pain pills pretty religiously for the first two...
  13. B

    TKR TKR LK 07/17/2023

    Similar to you, I did the no pain no gain method to start and have deep regret because it set me back so far in my recovery. Only once I stopped pushing it, rested and iced and kept my leg up most of the day did I see big changes, especially in my ROM. Hoping that you’re able to let the pain...
  14. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    It’s been a while…. I’ve not been here in a bit, still working through physio and trying to gain back my strength and endurance. I’ve achieved good flexion, my extension isn’t where it should be though, so I have been focusing on that. My incision remains stubbornly not healed in three small...
  15. B

    TKR Post-op Spasms

    Well, I had to tell my work today that I wasn’t going to be able to return at the beginning of September as planned. I know it was likely delusional that I was going to be tip top in three months, but I truly felt that was going to be the case being only 43. Having to admit that I couldn’t...
Back
Top Bottom