Recent content by Bergame

  1. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    :wave:Thanks, Layla! The best part about being two months out is the two months of nightly uninterrupted sleep. I'm already taking those 7-8 hours for granted when, just two months ago, I would have given anything to string together 3 or 4 hours at a time without having the arthritis interfere...
  2. B

    THR A Hip Recover Story

    Had to quote you because it shows such great self-awareness and an ability to see what the future holds in your recovery. Your quote also sums up what I've gone through in the past two months except I neglected your wise 'extremely cautious' part! Had I been able to read your words back on July...
  3. B

    THR Deeship45 recovery!

    Hi @Deeship45 - That is frustrating when you are doing everything right in your recovery, and then have a setback. Not sure this will make you feel any better, but these unexpected bumps are a normal part of recovery and we have pretty much all had such trip-ups, whether coming in the form of...
  4. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    Edited: Shrunk pic so as not to scare anyone! :flwrysmile:Oh my! I prematurely hit the Post Reply button with that picture! That pic looks like it will use up all of Bonesmart’s data byte allotment for the day. I apologize! Guess my ongoing love affair with the TEDS is now set down for all...
  5. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    Thanks for the kind anniversary wishes, Layla. I was on a road trip, two hours each way, to see my parents and return my walker to them. Fortunately, despite being 89-years-old, they don’t need the walker either, so hide that thing away for the foreseeable future! This first lengthy car trip...
  6. B

    THR My journey, if only I had known<

    @Hip4life Thanks for your update. Although i'm sorry to hear that you're having discomfort, it's valuable that you're logging your experience here. At almost 5 weeks post-op, it's reassuring for me to look ahead and see the variety of normal recoveries. And it's thanks to people like you who...
  7. B

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Imagine a trip to Motor Vehicle ending with a pleasant surprise - that is not normal! I am glad that you will have the placard on hand when needed. Could come in handy when icy, slippery weather rolls back around too. Consider the permanent placard a little bit of recompense for the June/July...
  8. B

    THR Trendynana's recovery thread

    Best wishes, Trendynan. My last thought before the anesthesia kicked in was, "These doctors and nurses around me are so talented and experienced at what they do, I am just going to go peacefully to sleep and wake up with a beautiful new hip." As someone who hates ceding control to others in...
  9. B

    Revision THR 'Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning - Broke hip 5 weeks after replacement'

    Yes, to what @linette333 said. You are so early in this process, @Sparkly. Get the pain stabilized with your meds and then a good day at this stage might be cranking out a bunch of ankle pumps in bed to keep the blood flowing, some heel slides if you’re feeling ambitious, and then maybe a...
  10. B

    To replace or not replace

    Hi @civil15, I'm sorry you have to deal with this decision at this young stage of life. I hope the excellent advice and insights above help you decide. One surgeon's advice of "You'll know when you're ready" and "It's up to you" just made me all the more squirmy and uncertain in the months...
  11. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    Hi @zauberflöte, In my pre-op months, your recovery thread was a go-to source for me, so it’s nice to have you pop up on mine now! Love your TSA story. Would your small airport happen to be Charlottesville (seeing your Central VA location)? I will think of you at Denver International as I...
  12. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    Had the exciting scar reveal at my two-week appointment with surgeon today. Can't believe my surgeon fished artificial components and bones in and out of this little opening. I look forward to posting it on our scar show-off thread. Got an all-clear for elliptical and exercise bike on low...
  13. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    Thanks for your feedback, everyone. Almost as many walking-implement strategies here as posts, which is reassuring in itself: there is no ‘wrong’ way. I’m pretty much going with one crutch all the time now. I have my first post-op visit to surgeon tomorrow and will bounce my gait off him...
  14. B

    THR bye-bye femoral head! my post-op recovery thread

    May I have anyone's advice and experience about using one crutch versus two? I've been using one crutch - opposite the bad leg - inside the house because it leaves me with a free right hand to carry things from here to there. Also, I am in a townhouse with four stories and my stair-climbing...
  15. B

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    @CricketHip Aww - this is not fair. You have a chance to have a little fun shopping adventure and end up having to spend time at DMV. If I see those wallet thieves, I'll thwack them with my crutch! Your drive through the country sounds like the perfect corrective though, and I'm glad you're...
Back
Top Bottom