Recent content by Beckford

  1. B

    THR August26hippie Recovery Thread

    I totally understand ! It hit me around the 3 week mark, it’s totally overwhelming. I actually find having a good cry helps ! But there is no denying that these surgeries do affect our mental state. They are big big operations. It is a big deal and you have gone through a lot so allow yourself...
  2. B

    THR 3 weeks post op

    I would say 3 weeks is too soon to swim.
  3. B

    THR MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.

    To be honest yes a dislocation hurts like the devil but each time it was popped back in and I was right back on my feet walking. This recovery is what is doing me in! I have become so impatient I rest for about ten minutes and then up again trying to walk , I literally never listen to my own...
  4. B

    THR MoM resurfacing converted to ceramic dual mobility.

    Hi Larry I have not been active on here for some time. I had such a horrendous hip replacement and revision journey I didn’t really want to scare anyone. However, I have been following your messages. Firstly I have just 3 weeks ago had some components in my hip changed. I had developed some...
  5. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Hi Layla Sorry I have been distant , I had underestimated the impact of two major surgeries, my anxiety and PTSD has been through the roof, I have been tucked away at home not really feeling like I wanted any contact with the outside world. Anyway, good news is the left hip was a very smooth...
  6. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Thank you lovely people! I came home on Tuesday and felt pretty exhausted. So I have now managed two full days at home. Mojo is quite right I have to really stop and think which leg I am keeping the weight off. I get around with two crutches, good job I have strong arms because I am using my...
  7. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Thank you all. Managed to walk some steps today with two crutches. All drains , tubes and catheter removed which feels good. Pain is still minimal and just taking naproxen now. I am going to be allowed home soon, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, that’s the next stage. Still can’t quite believe I have...
  8. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Just a quick update. My surgery went ahead on Thursday. I am slowly beginning to feel somewhere near normal! I am happy that I now have equal leg length, (left side was lengthened by 3cm) . Got out of bed today very briefly. Pain is well controlled and I am being very well cared for. Thank you...
  9. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Thank You for thinking of me. The day is coming round so quickly and I am feeling very scared to be honest. The right hip has come along in terms of strength and good range of movement but I am now battling awful sciatica in my buttock and numbness on the side of my foot. Makes it difficult to...
  10. B

    THR LLD Due to Pelvic Tilt

    Hi Dianne, Sorry to hear that you are struggling still, but at four months it’s still early and you mustn’t give up and think you will be handicapped. I was born with an atomical leg length difference. The body can usually cope with up to 2 cm. after that it really does throw everything off...
  11. B

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Sorry to hear this, it is the fright that is the worst part and as you say your hip was fine, they are very strong these implants so my consultant tells me. I fell very shortly after my op ( fainted) it worried the life out of me and took a few days to get over the shock. You will be fine , just...
  12. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Thank you all yet again. The thigh pain was almost certainly caused by overdoing the massaging with the tennis ball and that thankfully has gone. I saw my consultant on Tuesday, he seemed impressed with my progress however I do still battle daily with the weakness in the leg which is frustrating...
  13. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    I have worked out now how to post on my own thread! Thank you for your guidance.
  14. B

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    So sorry I thought I had to post under content? Should I be using news feed instead ? I certainly don’t want to take over anyone else’s post, that certainly would appear rude and selfish. It was completely unintentional but it’s one of the things I have never really understood about using the...
  15. B

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Firstly thank you for your continued encouragement. I have been absent for a few days dealing with a complete melt down! I honestly wonder if I suffer from PTSD due to the numerous traumas. To make matters worse today has been awful. I had been feeling quite a lot better but the pain today has...
Back
Top Bottom