Recent content by bashbago

  1. B

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties. I have nothing to add to the advice you have already been given. Healing thoughts going your way.
  2. B

    TKR Bashbago on the mend

    It has been a while since I have posted. I have been doing well and the pain is greatly diminished and handled with Tylenol. I feel like I am doing very well for six weeks. I was able to walk up and down stairs in a normal manner this week.
  3. B

    TKR Milosnanna's Recovery Thread<

    @Milosnanna , my surgery was a day after yours. I started sleeping in my recliner this week and manage a few hours. Had to go back to 2 pills an hour, Icing the back of my knee more has helped. Sure would like to get rid of the achy feeling that goes on night and day. Maybe I am trying to do...
  4. B

    TKR Bashbago on the mend

    @SusieShoes I was diagnosed with Gerds years ago, and I know it was not that. My younger sister and one of her sons have been diagnosed with narrowing of the esophagus ( darn can't spell that). So I will talk to my gastro doc about that. @JJ65 I have been doing well in PT. Had some change in...
  5. B

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    The small acheivements mean the most in some ways. A trip to church may be as important as ROM. Glad you ere able to get out without problems.
  6. B

    TKR Bashbago on the mend

    MY PCP sent me to the ER after suffering chest pains in her office. Luckily after a stress test and an echo cardiogram they found no heart problems. I have these chest pains once in a while and normally would not have gone because the pains quit after 2 nitros. Thought it might set me back a...
  7. B

    TKR Bashbago on the mend

    @Josephine I a not sure what McConnel taping is. I learned taping from a class taught by a man who taped Olympic athletes The one I was thinking of using was a basic 8 pattern used to support previously injured but healed ankles. I iced the back of my knee and ankle earlier today will do it...
  8. B

    TKR Bashbago on the mend

    The back of my knee hurts more than the front or sides and my surgery side ankle aches and is swollen. Even the Hydrocodone does not seem to relieve the ankle. I am thinking about taping and icing the ankle. Friday during PT ' the therapist said she felt a pop in the ankle when she was helping...
  9. B

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    I am at 11 days. Would love to be able to get comfortable and sleep well in bed. I know it will come eventually. Rest, ice and elevation are my friends. I try to get up and move around the house a bit. That seems to loosen me up a little. We are going to make it with a little help from our...
  10. B

    TKR The adventure begins

    Welcome to recovery from a Middle Tennessean. I have been looking for your posts here. I am 11 days PO and tend to spend most of my time elevating and icing. I have an ice therapy machine which I purchased used which allows for longer icing. Sometimes it seems we take 4 steps forward and 5...
  11. B

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Pheebs52, you are just making milestones one after the other! Very impressive!
  12. B

    Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

    I am in another forum in which someone mentioned attempting to use stem cell therapy on his/her knee. This particular attempt did not work. Stem cell therapy is relatively new, and experimental with a high cost, not yet covered by insurance. I have had a friend who has used it for arthritis...
  13. B

    Shelly's Recovery

    The hydrocodone made me itch from the get go. Benedryl helped,made me sleepy and more loopy. Great job getting up and moving. I know you will not forget our best friends elevation and ice. Good vibes being sent your way.
  14. B

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Have an imaginary blue ribbon for your accomplishment!:wow:
  15. B

    Wednesday August 16 is my surgery.

    @pumpkin thanks for bringing this to my attention. My surgery was on the 16th and I left the hospital on the 19. I was still a bit loopy when I made the signature post.
Back
Top Bottom