Recent content by barbloki

  1. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Hi @Layla, 7 months has gone by fast. It seems like yesterday I was dealing with a new hip and then dressing my husband's surgery wounds while I was still on a walker. Glad that's over with. My hip is doing great. I still have the occasional twinge of healing pain but mostly it's gone. It's...
  2. barbloki

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    I had my right hip replaced in 2022 and the surgeon said 1 year for antibiotics on dental work. I had my left hip replaced in October and he again said 1 year.
  3. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    I hope you're right. I just feel like I shouldn't be having any pain at this time. I don't think I had any pain at 4 months after my right hip but I can't remember and I didn't document that surgery. I wish I had.
  4. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Thanks @Layla for the sock tip. I just tried it and it worked! Ugh, it's been so frustrating. I don't remember having this trouble with my other hip replacement but like you said, no 2 surgeries are alike. I will look into those cleats. I definitely don't want to slip and fall and it's been...
  5. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    @myglasshalffull Lucky you to be in a warm climate right now. Most of the U.S. is freezing, even parts of Florida. You are exactly right. I don't want to fall on the ice. I cringe at the thought of it. But can you break a titanium hip or would it just pop out of joint? I don't want to try it...
  6. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Hi Just wanted to check in and give an update. My final PT appt has been changed/cancelled 3 times now due to the PT being out sick and last week's ice storm and this week's snow storm. I am now scheduled for next week Feb 9 for my final evaluation and release from PT. I've been doing the PT...
  7. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Hi @Layla I'm healing up nicely. I was supposed to finish up PT this week but my therapist has been out of work with sick child all week so I didn't have PT. Now he's booked up so my final appt will be Feb 2 so he can do the evaluation for my medical record (and I guess for the insurance...
  8. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Time has gotten away from me. I can't believe I haven't posted anything since my birthday. We got through the holidays which are always rough for me. Hubby's wounds are mostly healed. The 2nd one is still bleeding a little but it doesn't need daily dressing anymore. My nursing services are no...
  9. barbloki

    THR Concerned about my progress

    I am 11 weeks post surgery as of today and I still have to use the cane or I limp. I go to PT twice per week and the therapist says what everyone here says: "everyone heals at their own pace." I still can't go up a flight of stairs. I can finally lift my foot high enough to get up the step...
  10. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Thanks Ladies. I feel better just knowing I have your support and understanding. And yes, I will listen to my surgeon and my physical therapist and my own body. @Jamie @Layla @Hip4life
  11. barbloki

    THR Benne's 2nd THR Recovery

    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to get to the "forget" stage.
  12. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    I need to vent. So I went to the Christmas party at the senior center today. Lots of people and loud, lots of talking. I was there 4 1/2 hours and it about wore me out. Sitting in that chair so long was not good either. I wanted to leave but they saved the gift exchange for the end so I...
  13. barbloki

    THR 10 weeks out, behind schedule

    I know you weren't asking me but I had surgery on a Tuesday, came home Wednesday, the PT was at my house on Thursday to do an evaluation, and I started in-home PT on Friday. I had that twice a week for 3 weeks. Then I missed 2 weeks because my husband got sick and I was taking care of him and...
  14. barbloki

    THR On the other side of surgery

    Thanks for reminding me of this. I was going to take it before I went but you're right, I wouldn't be able to feel any pain. I had a good session yesterday and when it started to hurt, I told him so and we stopped. He didn't have me do anything that would irritate my thigh muscle. He isn't sure...
  15. barbloki

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    It sounds like you are doing well for 6 weeks. I'm at 9 weeks today and still using the cane. I was told at 6 weeks not to lift my leg straight up while lying down as well. My surgeon is very conservative and old school (he's in his 60's). He believes in posterior approach and hip...
Back
Top Bottom