Recent content by Barbaraj

  1. Barbaraj

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Well, the new year has arrived and with it my hope and mostly strong conviction that this year is going to be fabulous, with no more aching and stiff hips by midyear (are you listening, hips? It's your time to step it up, girls!) I had a busy but fulfilling holiday season, with NYE spent with...
  2. Barbaraj

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Congratulations on your "virtuous" start to the new year, @SurreyGirl! I'm betting this will be a good year for you, hip nonsense forgotten and the good life awaits! Cheers, my friend, and the happiest of new years to you.
  3. Barbaraj

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    Welcome to the new year, @ceezee--betting it is going to be a wonderful 2020 with those fabulous new hips! Cheers!
  4. Barbaraj

    Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

    Hey, welcome to the new year, @Fit4Family! Sounds like a quiet NYE for you, but next year--watch out! I see a bit of bubbly and dancing around for you, the happiest and most smiling lady at the party. I am sure it seems a far off proposition but I'm betting it will be here before you know it...
  5. Barbaraj

    THR Last joint- That's my plan and I am sticking to it

    Socks and toenail clipping--those small goals may seem insignificant, but they are actually the kind of small steps that will move us all forward towards full recovery. Good for you, @leejaa! You are doing splendidly and I predict within a few months you will hardly be considering those hips...
  6. Barbaraj

    THR Here We Go Again!

    It's a foggy Monday morning here in the PNW. A normal start to the morning for me, beginning with the ritual of a morning latte and the newspaper, and then the slow rise from my comfy chair (yes, always an effort not to stumble or fall over) to head upstairs to do a few morning emails to...
  7. Barbaraj

    THR Hiptopia!

    Ugh, a head cold, @Calgal, that doesn't sound like much fun! I hope you feel better today. I think the holiday season is hard for all recovering hipsters, no matter where they are in their recovery as we all push ourselves harder this time of year and too often pay the price with increased...
  8. Barbaraj

    THR Last joint- That's my plan and I am sticking to it

    Yup, the return to "normal" life, even mundane activities like grocery shopping and putting things away, and most significantly being able to do those things WITHOUT PAIN is so great, isn't it, @leejaa? Normal might be "boring" but it is definitely something we all crave as we trudge along on...
  9. Barbaraj

    THR Hipster64's Recovery Thread

    Good morning, @Hipster64. Nice work at the gym, lady, and great that you've discovered a new piece of cardio equipment that you can manage and that gives you the workout you need. There are lots of options at gym for getting the exercise you want, and I'm happy you've found something that...
  10. Barbaraj

    Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

    Oh, boy, I can well imagine this is a priority for you, @Fit4Family! The good news is that with each passing day you are closer to that goal. I am sure, particularly this week or so away from surgery, that things are hard and painful. But, as you noted, you have been through this before so...
  11. Barbaraj

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Well, I survived! That, in and of itself, is the real success story, as far as I'm concerned. Okay, the Christmas Day lasagna was a wee bit dry, and the shortbread in those "millionaire bars" for dessert was pretty tasteless, and maybe I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get a foam exercise...
  12. Barbaraj

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, @bickypeg, and didn't allow yourself to get too tired and overworked. But, at this point you--and all of us--survived and January should be a month when you can focus on healing completely and celebrating those lovely bionic hips of yours! Cheers!
  13. Barbaraj

    THR Last joint- That's my plan and I am sticking to it

    Ah, a nice, lowkey Christmas, @leejaa, and you continue on the recovery road, being sensible about not overdoing it, but also realizing that continuing to gently stretch and work those muscles is a good thing. I've been awful about exercise this past week--just too much going on, featuring ME as...
  14. Barbaraj

    THR Hipster64's Recovery Thread

    Sorry to read that the elliptical proved so challenging, @Hipster64, but with a bike and/or treadmill at the ready, you still got, and will continue to get, good exercise when you hit the gym. Sounds like you've got a plan going forward to keep that hip mobile and flexible. Returning to work...
  15. Barbaraj

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Hey, @SurreyGirl, I know it's not really funny but I had to chuckle anyway at the description of your dance movies! I bet while the party was going on you were having fun, despite the unfortunate consequences a day or two later. I hope you are continuing to rest up and baby that hip so that...
Back
Top Bottom