Recent content by banjaboy

  1. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Been released from physio, full 140 deg range of movement!!!!! Feels amazing. No more pain. Still a little swelling but I’m so happy to have such a good outcome.
  2. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    I have, like you guys had lots of time to think, to consider, to search our inner self as we recover. Dont EVER minimize what we have done or are about to do. Knee replacement is hugely invasive surgery. But remember, we are not sick in the true sense of the word. The surgery is lifestyle...
  3. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Well, here we are, knee replaced on Nov 14, I have worked so hard in physio and the gym. Yesterday my physio cut me loose, 140 range of motion, she was very happy, beyond normal she said. I took the gentle pain gives you gain theory and it worked. After both knees replaced, first one Aug 2016, I...
  4. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    4 months post op now. Still doing physio twice a week, gym every other day. I have put in the hours and reaping the benefit. Planning my my May 16 trip to England. Now I can walk without pain it’s going to be such a change from previous trips
  5. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Right on Spex!!!!!!! I too now walk up and down stairs like an adult instead of a toddler lol!!!!! Prior to the second knee is was one foot up, then the other onto the same step!!!!! To feel strong again, to not be scared of the knee giving way......worth all the pain. We all get to the end in...
  6. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Guess im about 12 weeks post op? Nov 14.......Physio twice a week and my homework physio every day. When I went to physio this Thursday I had 130 degrees and the leg was perfectly straight when she checked. her approach is between zero pain and hurting, a nice gentle balanced approach. Just...
  7. banjaboy

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    Im actually lucky, I have a really high pain threshold and took hyrdomorphone for 3 days then went on extra strength Tylenol for pain, Im just lucky, not brave lol!!!! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Im finding a heat pad applied after my exercise bike segment of my daily workout really loosens up my knee for the range of motion segment. Im around 120 at 10 weeks, very happy so far. I place the pad on my calf and thigh and briefly behind my knee. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. banjaboy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Hi funkymuse! Not heard much from you recently? Hope all is well. Went for my 9 week check with surgeon, he is very happy, he says im way ahead numberswise compared to my left knee. I have gone against the Bonesmart credo and gone with a rather more aggressive PT. Yes, i have had pain but not...
  10. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    9 week visit to surgeon 2 days ago, he is very pleased and says I am ahead of the left one at this stage of recovery, very hard to compare the second one,I was convinced I was further ahead with my left. Now I can legally drive again. Im staying with my daughter in her condo, no stairs but was...
  11. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Well, i guess im 81/2 weeks post op, 60 days? I go to my physio, same one I had with the left knee replacement last year. Its so hard getting the second done, trying to compare to the first. Some days I think im doing great, other days I feel Im doing bad. ROM approx 100 to 115 depending on the...
  12. banjaboy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    I'm so sorry funkymuse, but you definitely seem to have hit a wall that won't come down. I would say go for it. I had my knee replaced Nov 14 and doing quite well but I wouldn't hesitate if my surgeon wanted to do that. You need to pit this behind you and it may just do the job that you can't do...
  13. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    I’m really torn to be honest. My surgeon tells me to work it, my physio tells me the same thing! Everyone here has a gentler approach, hard to know what is right and what is wrong. Swelling now, 6 weeks in is still bad. I feel once the swelling goes down I will get better ROM. Leg is straight...
  14. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Had my first physio on Monday, bit disappointed, almost 3 weeks in and only 80 ROM 10 deg from straight, not as good as the left one but i will work at it Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  15. banjaboy

    Banjaboy's recovery thread<

    Thanks everyone! My other knee healed well and hope this one does. It feels stronger than the other one at this point but i did see a personal trainer 3 times a week for a couple of months before and im generally in fair shape for an old man. I feel ROM is not quite what the other was but hard...
Back
Top Bottom