Recent content by BaldDiva99

  1. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I had a total left hip replacement (posterior) Feb. 6, 2017. It’s been 14 months and I have suddenly begun to have pain on the side of my thigh where my scar is. Sometimes it shoots across my thigh towards my knee. Sometimes it shoots down the side of my thigh almost to my ankle. This began 2...
  2. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I thank this forum for helping to guide me and providing much needed support and information after my posterior left total hip replacement on February 6, 2017. I am 10 months in. I am doing better. I returned to work per the date given by my ortho, in May. Too soon. I stopped working as the...
  3. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    XRL1B and WXL1F Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I am 8 months post-op of a posterior THR of my left hip. I attempted returning to work when my Ortho gave me the ok at 3 months post-op. After two weeks I resigned my position. I couldn’t sit. I have a desk job and despite taking breaks I couldn’t sit that long during the day. It made me sore. I...
  5. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I am 5 months post-op since my left THR. My right hip is now showing the same symptoms my left hip did before I wound up needing it replaced. When I walk or stand up from a seated position my hip catches. I have to move, stretch it out to uncatch the hip which is usually followed by "cracking"...
  6. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @Josephine ugh! That's autocorrect. Apologies. I meant "when I go to stand from a seated position". The ache is in my calves, not my shins - definitely not shin splints. This just began happening, coinciding with the foot pain. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @Josephine I have leg pain from the knees down, when I go to arms definitely a seated position. I did NOT have this after my surgery. I am 18 weeks post-op today. I sort of feel like my body is readjusting and I am hoping this will pass. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @TCTuna this is EXACTLY how I feel. I wake up in the morning and it feels like I've been standing 100 hours. I am also going to buy a couple new pairs of shoes. Good ones - Dansko. Thank you for responding. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @Irish Joe. Thank you. I think you're correct. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I am 16 weeks post-op after a posterior total left hip arthroplasty. Recovery is going well although I went back to work 2 weeks ago and extreme soreness from sitting so I have resigned my job to heal better and more completely. I have noticed in the past 3 weeks my feet hurt. The soles of my...
  11. BaldDiva99

    THR THR is it worth it

    @2beyoung Welcome! Congrats! No more joint pain! Your pain and discomfort will all be from the actual surgery, the incision and muscles they cut through. Your hip joint won't need PT but these muscles will. I know it seems daunting but it will be better. Sleep as much as you can. That will help...
  12. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @labanan it's what makes the most sense Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    I ask the moderator please combine with my other thread - I'm not sure how to do it. I posted the other day that I returned to work this last week part time, 13-weeks post op from a total posterior left hip replacement. I worked Friday and am ridiculously sore. I couldn't do much today. I am...
  14. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @Jaycey thank you. I don't know if my employer will hold my job should I go out again. Today is my second day working. I worked Monday and was off yesterday. I spent all of yesterday recuperating. I almost feel like I took 10 steps back. I may be done with all this sitting. Thank you for the...
  15. BaldDiva99

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    @Mojo333 I am fortunate that my husband and I are in a position to manage if I don't work at least tile early next year or til when I am more fully recovered. You HAVE to take care of your health and yourself if you are undergoing THR and in your case bilateral THR. You can't worry about it...
Back
Top Bottom