Recent content by AuntyT

  1. AuntyT

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Ambulatory 23 hour stay sounds interesting! I'll be here for 3-4 days apparently. Got to tell you, the pain management is great. Yes, it hurts a bit today (less than 24 hours post op - was out of surgery at 7pm UK time last night - it's 11:50am now), but it's bearable, and no worse than my last...
  2. AuntyT

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Good morning fellow hot-shots! Not been on much as I've been mega busy trying to get sorted before the op. Not sure how I ended up on the list as the 5th, my op is today, 3rd August - RTKR this afternoon in fact! All psyched up and ready to go - just want it done now. Trying not to think too...
  3. AuntyT

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Hi folks! I've moved here from the June Sunbeams after re-scheduling my right TKR to 3rd August. Glad of the reprieve as I too am petrified of the surgery - will be my 4th op on this knee (1st at 18), but by far the scariest! The postponement was for other reasons though, not just me bottling...
  4. AuntyT

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hope those of you who have already had surgery are doing well, special thoughts with my would-have-been surgery buddies from the 16th. I've moved my op to 3rd August now, so must leave you June sunbeams behind. Lots of reasons for the move, but am glad of the short reprieve!
  5. AuntyT

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi I'm joining Happydale with my right TKR on the 16th - hospital rang me yesterday with the date. Still in a slight state of shock now that it's really going to happen, but really looking forward to getting me life back as the last couple of months have been hell. Have had arthritis for more...
  6. AuntyT

    LTKR scheduled for tomorrow

    Can totally relate - waiting for a date for mine having just gone on the list, and I seem to cry at the drop of a hat, including at the consultant when I saw him about having the surgery. It's not an easy thing to deal with - you're in pain, you're facing major surgery, and you're wondering how...
  7. AuntyT

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    Thanks for the welcome @Tabbycat - been lurking for a while since discovering this forum, and thought it time to throw my towel into the ring. Apologies for what turned into a mahoosive reply to your post @sonnielo - didn't mean to hijack it in any way!
  8. AuntyT

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    I'm 49 and have just gone on the waiting list for a TKR after nursing mine along for a long, long time. First op was at 18 following a ski-ing injury at 16, 2nd at 20 when I was told I would need a new knee in 10-12 years time (ha!), last arthroscopy about 5 years ago. My knee was bone on bone...
Back
Top Bottom