Recent content by Arcee

  1. Arcee

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Just checking back in with my Bone Smart Family to see how everyone is doing. Now almost 6 months out and so very happy that I went forward with the THR when I did. Doing very well and some days even forget that I have a shinny new hip! I have been enjoying the summer with my 2 little boys...
  2. Arcee

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Just saw tour cane comment. Make it fun. I got some of the cool new duct tape from the craft store (purple zebra print) and gave it a style makeover. Made it more fun and more of an accessory! :heehee:
  3. Arcee

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Hi momof3. I am about 2 weeks ahead of you (Had my surgery on 2/13). I read your post the other night and woke up last night thinking of you. I too am a mom have 2 boys ages 8 & 4. I am glad to see that you have successfully started to work with the cane and that you have ventured upstairs...
  4. Arcee

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Has anyone else had pain in their feet post op. it comes and goes but is very painful when I have it. Also have occasional knee pain.
  5. Arcee

    THR Wanting to get my life back after hip replacement

    I am 18 days post-op now and you will be amazed at the changes you will see over the next week or so. For the first week and a half it seemed like all I could do was sleep. I would fall asleep in mid sentence sometimes. I found that after I would get up and move around I would get very tired and...
  6. Arcee

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Cardie, Thanks. I am in RIC so Dr Jeffery Wilson with OrthoVa did my surgery. Tummy is doing so much better now, no more nausea but still limited appetite. I am definitely going to take it easy. Don't want to push too much on the home front because you are right about thinking Mom can just...
  7. Arcee

    THR Can you hear me from the other side?

    Happy homecoming! Hope the nausea gets better for you. It took me about 5 days post op to get rid of my nausea. Take it easy and follow the mantra and lots of ice. It truly works wonders.
  8. Arcee

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Stapes removed today! What an awesome nurse. It was not even as bad as having my eyebrows waxed. Then thumbs up from the doctor. Was a bit sore today from the travels outside the house today. We had bit of retail therapy even if it was at the grocery store riding in the cart.
  9. Arcee

    Anterior Left hip replacement

    Here in VA hospital gave me walker, raised toilet seat and what they called a hip kit. It had a reacher/grabber and some dressing tools like a sock helper long handled shoehorn, dressing stick and a shower sponge to reach lower legs in the shower. When you go for pre op they may have you attend...
  10. Arcee

    Direct Anterior Hip Replacement 28FEB13

    Hi Boot I found ice "peas" at cvs that I really like. I have 2 large ones right now and love how they can easily be molded to the hip. They keep the cold well. Best of luck and hope you are back out riding that awesome bike in no time!
  11. Arcee

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Arcee is finally here! :yes!: A little over a week post op and things are going well. My new hip "Arcee" as she is known here at home (named after one of the few female Transformers) arrived on 2/13/13 and has begun my life transformation. PT has moved me from using a walker to only a cane...
  12. Arcee

    Revision THR Complex hip- MİSSİON ACCOMPLİSHED!

    Congrats Selin sounds like your surgery was successful.
  13. Arcee

    To be continued....

    Glad your first one went well and tomorrow will be a great day for us both! Best wishes and I am thinking about you.
  14. Arcee

    Recovery, stairs and children oh my!?!?!?

    :dancy: Glad you have your date! March will be here before you know it.
  15. Arcee

    THR Better late than never

    Glad you are home now. Hope your hubby is being a better caregiver than those in the hospital :friends:
Back
Top Bottom