Recent content by Angiebabe

  1. A

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Well you obviously have the one magic surgeon in the whole wide world and when he waves his wand of words incredible things are going to happen! What a :censored: He is doing the typical thing of trying to say if the magic doesn’t happen then it’s your fault by not going all nuts. Funny though...
  2. A

    TKR TKR 2 at 4 months<

    Thank you everyone. Yesterday we booked a holiday in the sun for April. My husband deserves a big thank you for being so supportive. Two TKR s has been his retirement so far! Even though the first one wasn’t straightforward I am so glad I’ve had them done. I still marvel that I can walk...
  3. A

    TKR TKR 2 at 4 months<

    Can you change my title to TKR 2 at 4 months please? Update My first knee needed a MUA as it scarred up and the bend dropped. MUA was all good and gradually I have achieved very functional ROM 9 months later I had the other knee done and I guess the surgeon and I both wanted to avoid...
  4. A

    TKR Incision opened when staples removed<

    When I tried it my knee got very hot and sweaty which kind of freaked me out as I still wasn’t completely healed and I had visions of it being a bacteria oven! Ok you all know how your mind works when you are worried. So not keen personally
  5. A

    MUA 5 week failure<

    How is your function? My PT was discussing this with me as my bend is 100 which I’m kind of fixated about! but when I walk he says you’d never know I’d had a knee replacement 3 months ago. I can drive walk for long distances go foot over foot on all steps except the most steep ones in my...
  6. A

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Hey funkymuse I’m glad you have found someone to help such a relief! It sounds like my suggestion is a little early but maybe keep it in your arsenal -have you thought about hydrotherapy in a warm pool? I know where I go that there are people who struggle to walk on land but in the warm water...
  7. A

    TKR Hi! New to the group! TKR at 8 wks - I can't stop pushing<

    Ps I had a lot of pain in my hamstring for many months it was worse than the joint if that makes sense my therapist used massage which really helped. Funnily second knee isn't as bad
  8. A

    TKR Hi! New to the group! TKR at 8 wks - I can't stop pushing<

    Well I think it was the end of five months that was the first time I thought I love my new knee and realised it wasn't giving me any more pain. That came after a TKR and an MUA. I think the surgery is both physically and emotionally traumatising. Because I needed my other knee done I don't think...
  9. A

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    You are awesome. I remember your knee and how swollen it was in your photos and look at it now it's gorgeous. The phrase "hold the faith" comes to mind. Today at hydrotherapy I had a little moment the physio made a suggestion I 'jogged' in the water. Now it's over ten years since I moved...
  10. A

    12 week anniversary & only 74 degrees of flexion

    Gosh your knee sounds like it's got a very busy schedule. As I understand it you have got issues with healing swelling and bending? You also have a range of inflammatory conditions. Well I too have those tendencies with PMR rosacea etc and with both TKRs have had to battle against...
  11. A

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    By the way the date on my data is wrong my surgery was also the 27/10/17 so we are knee twins
  12. A

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Oh no disrespect I was just interested in the different protocols. I just didn't want you to be signed off by the guy that did the job and has seen inside your knee and has the expertise hopefully in the early rehab phases. My gp is lovely but isn't a TKR specialist and is guided by the surgeon...
  13. A

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Just curious..who then is 'in charge' of your care? my surgeon follows up at 2 weeks ,3 months, 6 months and a year. I would feel at sea if I didn't have his support.
  14. A

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    How come the surgeon signed you off so early that doesn't sound right?
  15. A

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    On tendency to form scar tissue - I too have this and it is evident in my eye surgeries as well as my knees. The eye guys don't know why but do have tactics to delay or avoid over zealous healing by using various eye meds. I can't remember which of the many I had did this but it may have been...
Back
Top Bottom