Recent content by AndisMom

  1. AndisMom

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    Pleased to report I survived the trip - almost! I walked 2.5 miles today per my Fitbit, close to that both Tuesday and Wednesday and did OK really. There have been tornadoes and hail storms here every day and I had a gut feeling my flights home would be delayed or cancelled and they were...
  2. AndisMom

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    Hi Debbie I'm just catching up from the weekend festivities and sorry to hear you are having some issues! I agree that it sounds like you have overdone it, maybe on the bike? Not sure but I'm glad Josephine doesn't feel it's related to your hip. Your incision does look a little irritated...
  3. AndisMom

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    Sorry for the extra post but I wanted to thank you guys for the birthday wishes @Dmcfad2 and @MajorHeidi! We celebrated for 3 straight days and I am really OK with the number. I truly feel better than I did on my last 2 birthdays so that is a gift!
  4. AndisMom

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    OH MY!!!! I couldn't have EASED back into work travel...oh no!!! I had to have a 16 hour marathon just getting to Denver today. Flight delays, broken planes, big storms in Denver and circling Oklahoma for hours... The good news is I survived it! My Fitbit says I walked almost 2 miles today...
  5. AndisMom

    Anyone have knee pain relieved by THR?

    I had the same concerns before my THR whether the pain was coming from the knee or radiating from the hip. Tests indicated the hip had bone spurs and more advanced arthritis so we went ahead and did the THR 8 weeks ago. There is relief from the excruciating pain in the hip when getting up...
  6. AndisMom

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    Thanks you guys for the words of encouragement. It helps to know we are all feeling the same issues and gives me hope for more progress. This phase of my recovery has been especially frustrating...I feel better enough to at least try to get on with a normal routine and people expect me to, but...
  7. AndisMom

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    Well I'm clearly not progressing as quickly as some of the other hippies here. I have been doing a ton of walking for shopping, attending events and working lately and every night I am beyond exhausted and just collapse in bed . I have had to take a pain pill several nites to get the pain to...
  8. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    You're right Claire it's been too hot to be out much...it's too early in the season to be saying that...hope we are not in for another scorcher summer. It has taken a lot of water and energy to keep all of the flowers and new shrubs watered in the heat with no rain for nearly 10 days. I have...
  9. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi Hey Claire I am not seeing posts as frequently so I'm betting you are out there driving around and living life! I hope so and that you have had a good week. Happy mothers day weekend! Pam
  10. AndisMom

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    Hi @Dmcfad2 stopping by to see how you're doing and glad the knee pain is subsiding a bit. I'm not getting alerts so I am missing some posts but will catch up eventually. I'm with you on the pain after sitting....although for me it's not necessarily on a hard surface. It's just sitting...
  11. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    I'm so happy for you! You're free now to get on with your life! I loved that moment myself!
  12. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @Dmcfad2 Debbie, I admire you for trying to do what you want! It sounds like you are listening to your body and slowing down when you need to. I'm not sure I can easily do floor work yet myself. Heck I haven't even tried sitting in my bathtub yet although I'm dying to take a relaxing bath...
  13. AndisMom

    THR Riding the Recovery Roller Coaster

    @mystikfairy61 so good to hear how well you're doing! I'm headed to my Y for aqua classes starting this week myself. I cant wait to get in the water..my OS thinks it will be good for strengthening without any trauma to the new joint. I have 2 more weeks before airport marathons start again so...
  14. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Leave in 23 days! Have to go to Denver for work the week before so I have 2 more weeks to get ready. I think I will be ready...so far so good. :fingersx:
  15. AndisMom

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi now that is more like it, huh? Lowering the meds, walking, planting flowers! So nice to hear you are able to do all the "normal" things again! Sounds like you have turned a corner and you're on your way to your new pain-free life! :SUNsmile:
Back
Top Bottom