Recent content by Anchovy

  1. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Kaye, I was so very sorry to hear of all the complications that you've had with your surgery and recovery. Are you saying that it looks like revision surgery may be necessary? Can't imagine having to go through all that again. AND, of course having to deal with the Achille's tendon...
  2. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    The pain goes down the middle of my right leg from hip to foot, most intense behind knee cap and medial side. RB 1 1/2 A RB 1 1/2 B RB 1 1/2 C RB 2 D RB 1 1/2 E RB 1 1/2 F and on down into the foot I did not have this before the surgery. Chronic intermittent sciatic nerve pain has been on...
  3. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    It's been a very long while since I posted but I visit the site frequently. I am coming up on 9 mos. post op and keep wondering how many others have had similar issues. I am thinking I may have nerve damage in my right leg from the surgery. Achy pain goes all through the leg from the hip...
  4. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi Kaye!! Was literally just thinking about posting here for some support. I generally check the site every few days to a week for remote comfort and read interesting postings. Sounds like you've been having a rough time with helping your husband recover as well. You just started some PT? Are...
  5. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    KayeKaye, Thank you so much for sharing!! Korean music....who would have thought?! Do you like Korean food as well? I do. Yes, resting does count. The elusive sleep will come, little by little. Sounds like you are doing pretty well given a trip to Aldi. Holding on to those carts makes all...
  6. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Kaye!!! So good to hear from you!! I was right there with you at 9 weeks from what I remember. Was absolutely bored out of my mind, still taking meds, not sleeping and all the things you are describing. Long, long, long, frustrating recovery. It does seem true from what everyone has said...
  7. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    Kaye!!! So good to hear from you!! I was right there with you at 9 weeks from what I remember. Was absolutely bored out of my mind, still taking meds, not sleeping and all the things you are describing. Long, long, long, frustrating recovery. It does seem true from what everyone has said...
  8. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR 4 months out, still lots of pain<

    Hi Jack, My bilateral surgery was 12/7/15. Guess I am a couple weeks behind you. What a long ordeal, huh? No one told us it might take this long to recover. Like you, I still have plenty of discomfort, clunking, stabbing pain. Sleep is still not great. Funny thing is, people in my world...
  9. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    Thank you skigirl and celle for responding. I really appreciate it!! I have my suspicions of all the hype around the antibiotic protocol. Guess I have read too many posts about infections requiring revision surgery.
  10. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    Greetings!! I have a question. Just lost a crown in my mouth yesterday. This and another tooth were patched together pretty imperfectly just before my surgery to get the clearance. Should I be concerned about infection?? Hopefully get it back in within the next day or so. I am 14 weeks...
  11. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    Josephine, I am doing very little in terms of exercise. Still doing PT 1-2 times per week but it does not cause pain. I try to walk a little every day when I don't have the PT or other errands. I go up and down a flight of 10 steps throughout the day. The discomfort I described in my left...
  12. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Nerve Damage?

    I am at 8 weeks out, into the 9th. So tired of the pain/discomfort. I took myself to PT today(1 hr. drive) and stopped briefly for a tiny bit of shopping. I stopped myself in the middle of the store knowing that I needed to get out so I could rest. Elevated/iced as soon as I got home. I...
  13. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    KayeKaye, So sorry to hear of your bout at the ER. Just what you don't need right before your surgery. I am glad they didn't find anything obviously serious. I know how mysterious abdominal pain can be. Well, your doc must have an alternate plan for you. It sounds like that may be the case...
  14. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Why in the world would you be given only a 2 week course of pain meds? Are we talking narcotics or other types of prescription pain meds?
  15. Anchovy

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi KayeKaye, I'll be rooting for your speedy recovery very soon!! I had BTKR on 12/7/15 so I guess that makes me moving into week 9 of recovery. I cannot for the life of me imagine planning to do this again!!! It really made the most sense to do them both at once from all angles. At this...
Back
Top Bottom