Recent content by Anatara

  1. Anatara

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hey @Fudge , I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling to balance on the operated leg , I know how frustrating it can be as I was in a similar situation. I had my thr on August 28 , just before you , and I struggled to balance up to about 3 weeks ago. I can balance now ,but im still...
  2. Anatara

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Congratulations on the new hip and welcome to the other side. Delighted to hear you are doing so well @Stonewall
  3. Anatara

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    @Fudge i hope you are doing well and hopefully seeing some improvement. Like you I plan to return to work on Jan 2nd ( My first Christmas off ever being the upside of that ). I go to the pool now each morning , and I do lots of exercise in there , as well as just walking up and down , and I...
  4. Anatara

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    @Fudge , I had thr on my right hip on 28 August. At this stage I expected to be walking unaided( 10 weeks) ' but I still have a very bad limp off the crutch. I'm attending physio to help strengthen my leg , and they have told me I need to work on strengthening, resistance and balance , and I am...
  5. Anatara

    Help - too young?

    @Stonewall , my surgeon told me the youngest person he operated on foe a THR was a 12 yr old , and said if it needs doing , it needs doing......
  6. Anatara

    Help - too young?

    Hi @Stonewall , I suffered with hip pain since my early 30s , and first saw a surgeon at 36 , who diagnosed hip dysplasia and mild arthritis. He told me I would need a replacement and let me decide when , but said definitely in 3-5 years. Exactly 5 years later I was in his office after suffering...
  7. Anatara

    THR Low blood pressure

    Thank you @Layla , just back from visiting my doctor. He swabbed the wound and took out every 2nd staple. He said I have a superficial skin infection, but said its nothing to worry about. Im going back on Friday to have the remaining staples taken out. I certainly feel bettter after seeing him.
  8. Anatara

    THR Low blood pressure

    Hi @Layla , I'm doing well thank you. I had to change my dressing on Friday and noticed a bit of green on parts of my surgical wound. It was dry and not oozing, but I was a little concerned. i spoke to my GP on the phone and sent him a photo of it. He wasn't too concerned but I'm seeing him in...
  9. Anatara

    THR Now the proud owner of a brand new hip

    Best of luck @1hipwonder , I hope your journey home was a smooth one. You are so right, there is nothing like being at home , that's a tonic in itself. :) :-) (:
  10. Anatara

    THR Now the proud owner of a brand new hip

    @1hipwonder , congratulations, I'm delighted it went so well for you. Happy healing.
  11. Anatara

    Preparing for a total hip replacement

    @1hipwonder , best wishes for your surgery tomorrow, you won't know yourself when it's done. I had my thr on Monday and an surprised at how well I'm doing.Dont worry about the spinal , I was nervous about that too , but it was nothing , I barely felt it. See you on the other side.
  12. Anatara

    THR Lerwick8 Begins the Road to Recovery

    @Lerwick8 , congratulations on you new hip ,look after yourself , sounds like you have been through a lol. Wishing you well.
  13. Anatara

    THR Low blood pressure

    @alexthecat @Irish Joe @Layla lol , they are great shoes aren't they , I found the pic on Pinterest , and me being a shoe lover , I had to steal it. Thanks for the info alexthecat , I did not know the story behind them. As for my BP , it was back to normal today and I was up and about , even...
  14. Anatara

    Close to surgery, nervous and anxious

    @vcmike best of luck , see you in post opp soon.
  15. Anatara

    THR Low blood pressure

    Thanks everyone, I certainly feel better from reading your experiences. Im really looking forward to being up and about ,so hopefully my BP regulates soon. Apart from that I feel great and am delighted with my new hip.
Back
Top Bottom