Recent content by amymj

  1. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Please keep us posted, Needhope!!
  2. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Speaking from experience, Needhope you exactly made the correct decision. I had a menisectomy in June last year, walked around in pain for 6 mo. before I eventually got brave enough for the TKR 8 weeks ago. The menisectomy was worse, know that sounds implausible but that hurt so much and I had...
  3. A

    TKR One knee done in March; other one in August

    Hi Yvonne! I'm like you, with my surgeries and the meds. I get very dizzy and this last knee surgery (Jan. 15) I had quite a bit of nausea. Its hard when you feel so badly like that. But it will pass. I had thigh pain not only from the adductor canal block injection that I had but also from...
  4. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Wow! Half hour! At least its over. Must have been different technology....? I hope you get the answer that you can be at most peace with. My second was just done Jan. 15. I was very scared, more scared than I had been with my other knee or my hip, but all went just fine. You are not...
  5. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Hi Needhope. I can tell you about the MRI that I had when I tore my meniscus....I too tend to be claustrophobic! But it was nothing like I had imagined it to be. I was only in the 'machine' up to my knee so my upper torso was not in. it didn't take long at all...super easy! The office...
  6. A

    TKR Larry’s LTKR Recovery

    Hi Larry. I have had days like that too where I felt great and I think 'Wow! This isn't so bad' then the next day or two, I felt unraveled and I was back to square one. Just go at a slow and steady pace. This takes months to completely heal and you will find your pain, swelling, energy...
  7. A

    TKR Buckbuck’s new knee<

    Good to hear from you, Buckbuck! Was wondering how you were. Sounds like you're making progress!!! Good for you for being able to get that much exercise! My energy level allows me to do some short errands, appointments, resting in the afternoon. I'm trying to take it a little easy as I...
  8. A

    TKR Why did I wait?

    Hi MSgirl! Love the Kneetereology phrase!!! That is so funny! And thank you for the link to that article! I will definitely check that out, always good for reassurance that this generalized pain is founded! How have you been doing otherwise? It has been cold, very damp where I am, I am...
  9. A

    TKR The new knee<

    Oh yes, those Zaps!!! They are not unusual! I had them as well...pretty soon you won't have them anymore! My zaps would come in the middle of the night and wake me up!!Stay away from that rogue pain, take your meds on time for now! Don't try to be too brave, just take your medication, that's...
  10. A

    TKR The new knee<

    Hi Carlos! Hope you are having a better day. Glad you came here. Don't fret about what you can and can't do right now....believe me you will get there!!! Rest, ice, meds, elevation...all those...do them because that's your job right now. The emotional swings are something! One moment I...
  11. A

    TKR Five Months Later

    Best wishes to you, JG. Slow and steady goes the course. You're gonna do great! Be safe in that weather.
  12. A

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    Please keep us posted, Needhope. Been reading your thread. Praying you have a favorable appointment tomorrow!! You have been through a lot! I hope your anxiety will be eased soon!!
  13. A

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    denn...you will find you will be able to bend more when the staples are out...or whatever they have your incision being held with. It will just be more ready to bend and you will be more comfortable then!
  14. A

    TKR One knee done in March; other one in August

    Well done, Yvonne! Sounds like a very positive experience so far! Good for you, stay ahead of the pain and rest! Look to hear more from you!
  15. A

    TKR Thank you, thank you, thank you

    Hi ebungalow. 11 weeks out! You are doing great! I'm sorry you are feeling low. It will get better. I too get the same feelings. One day is fine, the next couple are hard...its great to have this community of understanding people. One frustrating story for me and then I won't complain...
Back
Top Bottom