Recent content by AllieBucks

  1. AllieBucks

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Wishing you the best of luck!
  2. AllieBucks

    THR Petrified

    Sorry about your pain @CherokeeGem ! I also have a physical job where I move around/up and down. I didn’t go back to work until 6 months post surgery and even then I took it “easy”. By the end of the year I was feeling soooo much better- stronger, more energy and way less random jabs of pain. I...
  3. AllieBucks

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Absolutely. Sending you well wishes and hoping things get resolved for you sooner than later.
  4. AllieBucks

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Just throwing it out there - could you possibly try getting a virtual second opinion while you wait? Glad your CT scan date is soon though, and hoping that the scan reveals some more details. NYU offers one (not sure if US residency is required). Hang in there
  5. AllieBucks

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    I’m so sorry to hear about the chronic pain. I know it must be so frustrating. I agree that the HO is a problem but in your opinion, doesn’t it seem that your acetabular cup does overhang more than usual? I compared it to my X-ray and looked up others online. My cup fits into the bone area...
  6. AllieBucks

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Im at 9 months and I get the gluteus medius pain too. I feel like it’s just the muscles finding their way back. I also still get the nerve zingers, more so when I’m relaxing. I’m walking like mad, feeling very flexible and sleeping in all of my favorite positions again!
  7. AllieBucks

    THR Inflexible

    At six weeks I was very frustrated too. Mainly because I was told that I should be moving along quickly by then. I wasn’t flexible at that point either and I was actually getting a little depressed which added to the slower recovery. I wanted to be able to sit butterfly and that damn knee just...
  8. AllieBucks

    THR LaKarune's Journey Back to the Dance Floor - Recovery Thread

    Congratulations! You are going to do so well. Can’t wait to get your dance updates along the way. I did a jete tonite to the fridge and thought of you
  9. AllieBucks

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    So happy for you and the positive steps toward recovery!
  10. AllieBucks

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    You have five months until your son's wedding. I bet, that you will be MUCH better at that point. The hip will be healed, you will have your energy back and the femoral nerve will be well on it's way to healing. I know each day is hard. I was also depressed big time around week 4 - I wasn't...
  11. AllieBucks

    THR Recovering in Atlanta

    Good morning @thepuckhead ! Today for me marks 18 weeks and 3 days (got some help from google:). So about 4.5 months. I wasn't ready to go back to work until about two weeks ago and I don't have my first photoshoot until April 28th. What marked the difference two weeks ago was that moving around...
  12. AllieBucks

    THR Recovering in Atlanta

    Thank you Layla! Happy Easter to you too!
  13. AllieBucks

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    I was depressed and lethargic until about 8 weeks and then it started to lift. I just woke up feeling lighter and more optimistic. The fear that I would forever stay like that started to slip away. I took longer walks, got some vitaminD. My husband was traveling like mad those early months so it...
  14. AllieBucks

    THR questions about Hip replacements

    I did not feel “normal” until around 8-9 weeks out. I’m at 4 months and just getting back to work, which is a physical job. The exhaustion didn’t lift until 8 weeks. I feel great now, but it takes a hot minute
Back
Top Bottom