Recent content by Alfie888

  1. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Hi @wonkyhipoy, sorry I haven't replied earlier, had a busy month what with work and the holidays. I go back to see the consultant on Monday, so will see what he says. I'll give you a shout if things aren't looking good. Thanks for your offer of advice. Hi Layla, Mojo, Back to the consultant on...
  2. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    All went fine today. Well, laying flat in a tunnel with headphones on isn’t the most eventful of procedures. I have to go back to see the consultant in a month. Which is a bit of a wait. Apparently everyone is on holiday. It would have to be the title of some weird experimental techno track...
  3. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Wow, that's amazing. I though you were going to say it was part of a skull when I saw the picture :yikes: Keep digging, I imagine there will be other stuff around. We get a lot of Roman artefacts in the fields around where I live. Never found anything myself, but I have have friends who have...
  4. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Hi @Mojo333, I've been away on holiday. It was good to get away. Lots of seafood and olive oil to help those joints along. The traveling wasn't as bad as expected, although I was dosed up with pain killers most days. I'm still waiting for an appointment for the high res scan. The boat trip...
  5. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    It is in my file. Which is getting uncomfortably large from the look of it. I think the problem is my original consultant left, the one that did the op. The new one took me on at the 6 month mark and I think there has been some confusion. He was using the injection for diagnostic. It was in...
  6. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Hi @Josephine, No problem, fire away. I had a rather worrying appointment with the consultant this morning. I went back for a follow up regarding the injection I'd had on my back a few weeks ago. During our conversation I stated once again that my condition had worsened since the arthroscopy...
  7. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Pain 3 months post labral repair<

    Hi @Jen1970 & @Bayley. Sorry to hear you are both suffering. It might be worth you starting your own threads so you gan get advice and support.
  8. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Thanks Mojo Layla, It is really starting to take it's toll now, so something needs doing.
  9. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    So, 2 weeks after the injection and things only seem to be getting more painful. Radiating pains in my lower back and hip. My other hip and knee are also feeling pretty sore. I have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday, but I'm getting worried now that I'm running out of options.
  10. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy What's normal?<

    I'm sure you'll start to feel better with a change of regime. I think you just went back to work to soon and have overdone things with 7 hours a day. Let us know how you are getting along.
  11. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy What's normal?<

    Ooooooh, don't read my thread and think this is the normal outcome, I'm a special case. :heehee: There are thousands of people have the procedure and it works out fine for them. Are you taking any medication for the pain? I hope you can get things sorted with your job. Let us know how it goes.
  12. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully a relaxing weekend might help things along. I've had a pretty hectic week, which isn't helping much.
  13. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy What's normal?<

    Hi @bethreads, I have had the same procedure as you, although not a very good outcome for me. But that doesn't mean yours won't work out just fine. My first thoughts after reading your post are you have gone back to work to early. At 9 weeks I was working from home and having a rest every...
  14. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    There may well be hope yet. Fingers crossed for the next few days. I have no idea at the moment. As my last MRI didn't show any problems in the hip I'm not sure where that leaves me! I'm trying, although it's becoming increasingly difficult. I'm going on holiday to France in a couple of...
  15. Alfie888

    Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

    Well, I'm 6 days after the injection now and to be honest in more pain than before. :sad: My back and both hips just ache all the time. It may still kick in, but I'm not holding out much hope. It seems to be that every time I go into hospital I come out worse than before I went in.
Back
Top Bottom