Recent content by agsmom

  1. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @benne68 thanks! Surgeon recommended doing the leg press at the gym but holding it until the muscle starts to tire. That sounds good except I’m not a gym member and I don’t have a leg press at home
  2. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @EalingGran thank you. Surgeon did recommend squats but I was having a hard time figuring out a safe way to do them. I can’t go far into a traditional squat at the moment.
  3. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    I saw the surgeon last week for an early one year follow up; June 27 is actually one year. I asked the question about extension and the answer wasn’t great but did make me feel better. He said my knee has been through a lot of trauma because of the surgeries being so close together. The...
  4. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    Thank you both for that info. I’m just looking for an estimate so this helps a lot.
  5. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @sistersinhim I know it’s not but I keep seeing people who say they’re not going to PT giving ROM #s and I’m curious. And I agree, this trip was a huge test of the new knee and I passed!:yay:
  6. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    Hi everyone, I just got home from a trip to Disney World and did miles upon miles of walking. I did it! There was a time I was doubtful that walking would be something I was able to do easily. So happy! Question for the experts out there: how do you measure ROM yourself? I have no idea what...
  7. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @Ghostpipe thanks for all of the info. My vmo was shot before the surgery; hadn’t been activating/firing/working for years. It’s activating now but still very weak. It hurts, too, especially when I try really hard to straighten it. I hope it will just take patience and working to strengthen it...
  8. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @Ghostpipe thank you so much for responding! I was beginning to think I was the only person who had this issue. @sistersinhim has been very helpful and encouraging but I don’t think she has this issue. Did you do anything special to get the range of motion back or did it just eventually happen?
  9. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    It’s only causing issues in the sense that my stride is off a bit. The quad muscles around the knee are still very sore. When I try to extend it straight, as in the picture, it is painful.
  10. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @sistersinhim it goes flat if I have it stretched out on the floor or sofa. It gets to around 2°, not all the way flat but almost. I just can’t get it straight when I’m using my muscles to straighten it as in the picture.
  11. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    @sistersinhim thanks! There is some swelling but the new knee is quite a bit larger than my actual joint. I think that makes it look even more swollen but I’m not arguing, it’s definitely puffy. I haven’t been icing at all and I’m not elevating as much as I should. I’ll make an effort to do...
  12. A

    Revision TKR TKR revision

    Hi All, I’m going to ask the question again - has anyone dealt with inability to straighten the leg all the way using your own muscles? I have a lag that I can’t overcome and I’m wondering if anyone has figured out how to get rid of said lag. I’ll try to post a picture to help explain...
  13. A

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @ski_bum, I’m sad to hear that you’re dealing with so much related to the knee. I dealt with a revision and am having a much better outcome but it’s taking awhile. If you eventually decide to go the route of revision, please find a fellowship trained revision specialist. It is a surgery that...
  14. A

    Revision TKR 3+ months LK Revision

    Hi @grey j, I had revision TKR about three weeks after you did. I still have pain and stiffness at times but it continues to improve. Honestly, I think we’re all on our own individual healing journey and we kinda have to take it as it comes. My experience has been a lot of pain in the first two...
  15. A

    Revision TKR Kandy's Journey

    @Kandy, I can relate!!! I had my original TKR in early December, 2021 and my revision TKR in late June, 2022. The original surgeon placed the prosthesis incorrectly and I could never bear full weight on the surgical leg. It progressively became more valgus and could be moved side to side by the...
Back
Top Bottom