Recent content by agarrett

  1. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Checking back in, about 4.5 years since TKR, I am noticing some tightness in my knee with some fluid retention in my ankle and top of foot. Usually happens after a more active day or after sitting a longer time or combination of the two. Has anyone seen this? Reverting back to a little ice...
  2. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    New pain...unsure if related to TKR The last few days I have woken up with pain on my lower leg. It is above the ankle truly leg but the bottom few inches. Almost a wrap around pain for those few inches. It hurts while in bed so before I even start to walk on it. Then walking is hard, more...
  3. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Any thoughts or ideas on why that happens? Wondering if it will eventually stop or something I need to ask my orthopedic about Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. agarrett

    TKR Leg Bruising<<

    Did you find an answer? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Has anyone had any trouble sleeping on stomach with knee bent and then it locking up. It happens from time to time and basically feels like I cannot even lift my leg. It will wake me up at times. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    I needed a lot of hope and encouragement early on too. And I didn’t believe most that it got better because I was so bad off. But it does change, everyone’s timeline is so different so don’t compare too much. Good luck! Right TKR 27 December 2016
  7. agarrett

    TKR Scuba Diving after a knee replacement?

    Are you still going this month? I didn’t dive til about 8 months but needed help with gear and struggled with the boat ladder. Underwater I was fine. But even the giant stride depending on my TKR leg angel was felt on entering the water. Since then I have dove several times and this last...
  8. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Took me to the two year mark before finding that happy mark. One of those things early on wasn’t sure would happen. Just took longer Right TKR 27 December 2016
  9. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Ortho check up today, not yet 2.5 years but close! next check up in 5 years! wow, won't that feel like forever after the TKR. Also looking forward to play a little soccer again, indoor only, limited time on the field, but huge smile! when you talk about getting your life back - this could be...
  10. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    @skigirl skiing was great! no concerns or issues. I worked really hard at not falling the two ski days. I did greens but that was too boring and moved to blues, but did still decline some blues. I was probably more impressed with how well it went than I thought it would go. I was skeptical...
  11. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Heading to Steamboat, Colorado. No more than 3 days, but planning to take it easy and enjoy it. New challenge but excited to try something that had gotten unbearable and impossible before the TKR.
  12. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Great to hear @skigirl I will let you know how it goes. A few more weeks. What is your ROM? I only got back to 110 most days with max at 114 degrees, so not sure if that is going to cause a problem.
  13. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Thanks happy to hear about others who tried skiing. Probably worried more about getting up if I fall or even the fall itself. First time will probably be interesting. But at least there should be plenty of snow this year. I still have a good area that is numb on outside and more bottom area...
  14. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Post two years... I might be crazy but want to try and snow ski next month. Not sure what it will feel like. Not even sure how long I will be able to do it. I think for now it is just about trying and getting the new knee doing something again that was once unimaginable
  15. agarrett

    TKR AG TKR new knee

    Anyone post 18 months still get nerve tingling around the knee at times? Wondering if this is good or concerning. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom