Recent content by adobo

  1. adobo

    THR My second THR

    Its easier just very, very, swollen from knee to toes. Scaring the heck outta me. Yes I had doppler done & no clots. But my leg looks like a 2 baseball bats taped together. Making me think it's rejecting new hip. But no pain. Guess I'm a hypochondriac !:sos:
  2. adobo

    THR My second THR

    Tyvm jayce
  3. adobo

    THR My second THR

    :loveshwr::loveshwr: Hi susie I had my left hip done July 29th 2015. Got my staples removed Friday Aug 14 th They sent me for leg doppler cause Dr thought I had DVT and blood clots but thank God doppler came out clear. Just from knee down to toes. It's 3 times more swollen than last surgery June...
  4. adobo

    THR My second THR

    Going through same worries, shower , swollen foot for 2 weeks, but can walk with one crutch. Now:heehee: just going to follow same rules as first hip! Got me through right hip in june 2013 :0) Lucky I can walk & every day pain subsides. Same hip procedure posterior. But for all you NEW HIPPIES...
  5. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    sandpiper, hiya buddy, nice to hear from you!!!!! I'm doing ok went back to work oct7th I work in the mailroom at chase bank & it has 60 floors. I do 6 Floors, each floor is one block long in length :yikes: I go up 5 times a day ......doing runs, delivering mail, picking up mail/boxes mostly...
  6. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    sandpiper hiya hippie buddy how re ya :) Longtime no write! I just went back to work 2 weeks ago & boy is my right ankle swollen :gaah: Other than that all is well & have not felt any pain! :dancy: Sleep is ok here & there, but limp is 80% gone & can walk & stand lots!!! Just ankle swells...
  7. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    sandpiper@randy62@Poppet I agree!! Using ice all morning now, staying off leg as much as possible, & NO exercises today! Feels a little better since I woke up this morning :loll: Just gonna slow own!!! Ty all for helpful hints & friendliness! :sigh: :thankyou: And may all your recoveries be...
  8. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    nmay51 Yes I was lifting my bad leg as if to kick & pain hit like a knife going into my groin! I let a yell that scared my cat!!! But I went to sit & it subsided. Only when I get up to walk it returns but very slightly. Goes away when no weight on leg. If pain persisted while laying down I...
  9. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Josephine Tyvm for advice will ice it right away! This sharp pain only comes when I lift leg, I will follow instructions & if pain is still there & as sharp in next 2 days I will contact surgeon. Thank you so very much for taking time to help me :)
  10. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Josephine Sorry my PT exercises are, 20 leg slides 20 pedals( reps) 15 leg lifts with towel behind my knee 10 leg abductors 10 leg lifts while holding table 30 reps of bridge
  11. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Josephine I havent iced my leg at all. All swelling was gone 2nd week. I did do pt exercises two times today & cooked lunch. Stood by stove 10 minutes. Just taking 2-3x a day generic oxy 5-325 & iron pills,1 800 mg motrin in morning. Lay down/sit in bed most of day & night as I cant sit in chair...
  12. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    sandpiper, Ty so much for responding :) I wasnt afraid of dislocation yikes ! :gaah: Cause I was told I would know if that happened... Like my cat I would hit the ceiling on all fours!!! Lol Its a new pain & I think I tugged/pulled on tendons or something. Cause pain does go away when I lie...
  13. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Hi all, have a question :) I have been getting by great with hardly any pain, just a spasm here & there & sore stiff incision area but today all of a sudden I had a stabbing pain in my groin/ inner thigh area. Went away as quickly as it appeared! Some say I'm overdoing PT exercises? I was told...
  14. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Tyvm nmay51 :) I just started using single cane short distances at first, cause after walker & crutch you may feel a little unstable & wobbly. I walk to bathroom & kitchen with cane. Glad you can sleep on your side :yes!: Having more than one option to sleep is wonderful... Lol Keep up the...
  15. adobo

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    Thank you all for responses on safe side! :) I wont be seeing my doctor until august 8 th & last time I did speak/see him was june 17th to get staples out. He told me I could bend & walk without walker & just use cane :yikes: this was my reaction! PT says NO WAY!! Surgeons always say these...
Back
Top Bottom