Recent content by Adaa

  1. Adaa

    TKR Right total knee May 14th

    Thank you Layla, Recovery is going slow. I did have a MUA on July 2nd. The MUA has helped with the amount of flexion I have, I can now get to 110 degrees with help. I still have a lot of stiffness and swelling at 10 weeks post op. I am still walking with a cane because when I walk all...
  2. Adaa

    TKR Right total knee May 14th

    Thank you. It makes me feel a little better know that it will get better. My PT told me that one of the reasons I am having such a hard time bending my knee is because my knee cap is not moving very well. It moves side to side ok but not up and down. We have been working a lot this week on...
  3. Adaa

    TKR Right total knee May 14th

    Thank you for sharing this. I really needed to hear it.
  4. Adaa

    TKR Right total knee May 14th

    Thank you both for your advice. I will read the articles you have shared and I am glad to see that limited ROM at this stage is not the end of the world.
  5. Adaa

    TKR Right total knee May 14th

    I am almost 4 weeks post-op and feel like I’m not making much progress on my knee flexion. On the day of surgery while the nerve block was in place, I could only get about 75 degrees of flexion. I started PT 2 days after surgery. The first 3 weeks I was going 2 times a week but my therapist...
  6. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Coming up on 14 weeks post op (this Wed.) 2 weeks until school starts back. I am looking forward to going back to work but at the same time it was nice to get stuff done around the house and just take it easy some. Finally figured out what was causing the bone pain above my knee. I had a...
  7. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Heard back from the doc. He said the pressure on the leg bone was normal and that it was probably due to swelling of the muscles in the leg pressing on the bone. I told the pt to hold off on the stairs for a while and now that basketball is done for the summer I can slow back down for the next...
  8. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Week 10 post op today. Still doing very well and still going to PT 3 times a week. I do have a question though does anyone ever experience femur pressure or stress? Sometimes I feel like someone is taking the top of my femur and the bottom of my femur near the knee and trying to press it...
  9. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Coming up on 8 weeks post op and doing good. Love my physical therapist, I do not want to "graduate" any time soon even though I am doing very well (even doing defensive slides for those of you that know basketball) I feel like I actually accomplish something when I'm there. I work up a sweat...
  10. Adaa

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Here is my incision 6 weeks post op.
  11. Adaa

    THR Tripped Over My Dog

    It is best to get it checked out asap if you can. I took a slide down my stairs last week and it scared me to death. Luckily I did not do any damage but my is was very glad I came in to get it checked. I did it the day before my 5 week post op mark. I only had soreness and a couple small...
  12. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Went to see the doc and he took x-rays to make sure I didn't fracture anything or move anything out of place. Everything looked good on the x-rays. I am very sore and will probably have bruises to go along with the soreness tomorrow but I am very glad I didn't damage my shiny new hip. I love...
  13. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Little nervous at the moment. I will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow, this morning I slipped at the top of the stairs and slid down the stairs. I don't think I hurt anything. I have a call in to the doc but haven't heard anything back from them yet. It scared me cause I am home alone and don't...
  14. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Week 4 post op today. PT is going good. Therapist has me riding a bike and walking on a treadmill to work on my limp. Also doing lots of stretching and working on range of motion in my hip which is improving every visit. He still says that I need to use the cane but I can't wait till I don't...
  15. Adaa

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    Back from Doctors. Staples are out and incision looks good. Got to see x-ray of my shiny new hip. Looks really neat hope to get a cd of the x-rays soon. Doc lifted all but one of the restrictions I have with regards as to how I can move my leg. The only restriction I have now is that I can not...
Back
Top Bottom