Recent content by achillex

  1. achillex

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    @Hip2BGone Looks like you're recovering normally as expected. I can tell you from my own experience, you will definitely have your good days and bad days. For me it seemed I had more bad days during the first week, things like you are describing, bathroom incidents, sleeping positions, the...
  2. achillex

    THR Depression following THR

    @lilhorty Welcome to the forum! I too was depressed after my THR and still feel sorry for myself once in a while. You're only 2 weeks post op and I promise you things will get better. Just have a positive outlook and don't dwell on the negative. Someone once told me, "focusing on the negative...
  3. achillex

    THR Exercise Routines

    Hey @Mojo333 ! Doing well, thanks! Taking everyone's advice and just ramping up slowly. I'm able to walk 2 miles without any assistive device but more importantly, the weakness in the operated leg have went away so did the occasional limping. I had to consciously pay attention to my gait since...
  4. achillex

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    @Dracia we're so glad you found us! This forum is truly amazing...lots of great peeps here! We all learn so much from each other. I'm glad you're doing well and progressing really nicely. As others have warned on this forum, a THR surgery is a MAJOR surgery and sometimes we get lulled into...
  5. achillex

    THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

    Glad you finally got some relief! Here's to being regular! I'm reminded of this story... I went into a public toilet for a poop the other day. I'd just sat down when I heard a voice from the next stall say, "Hi, how are you?" I was a little embarrassed but I replied, "I'm fine thanks." Then the...
  6. achillex

    Revision THR Same pain as before revision.

    @SugarLightning I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. On your xrays did they place a screw ithrough the cup to hold it in place? I noticed on my xray there is a screw holding the cup in place. I had the same pain you are describing before I had my THR operation but I think it was due to...
  7. achillex

    THR Completed June 14 2018!

    Welcome @Kris_MN ! Thank you for sharing your story. I really dig your positive vibes. As you read through the stories in the forum, you'll notice we've all had our good days and bad days. But remember, the bad days are not permanent. One of the many thing I picked up in this forum is the...
  8. achillex

    THR Am I being daft?

    @Tiggy Hope you're feeling better. What was the reason why you had to get an injection? Was it soreness or pain in the area?
  9. achillex

    THR One day at a time

    @Boneygirl You are so right, everyday is different, all we can do is live in the moment and accept whatever that moment brings to us, may it be good or bad. Looking forward to many more of your stories! :) :-) (:
  10. achillex

    THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

    @Yokesgirl ! Welcome! You definitely found the right forum for getting the support and assurance you'll need especially at this very early stage of recovery for you. You are not letting anyone down, this is your time to get some TLC because your surgery was a major one. I'll be 7 weeks post...
  11. achillex

    THR Knee Pain increasing with mobility

    @Mickleton, welcome! Sorry to hear about your knee issues. Maybe cut down on your activities a little. Make sure you ice and elevate your knee and legs after doing any PT or walking. I had issues with knee pain after surgery but then started taking Tylenol an hour before I had PT. A few...
  12. achillex

    THR THR - 2 years I think

    @Ursula72 hope you feel better and the soreness goes away. Make sure you’re icing especially after any activities and/or PT. Be well!
  13. achillex

    THR Exercise Routines

    Thank you Josephine! Your advice and recommendations are always spot on. :thumb: My bad on starting a new thread. Have a great weekend all!
  14. achillex

    Hip Infection Second Hip Infection

    Glad to hear you’re recovering nicely. Those are some gnarly X-rays. I tip my hat to you. Praying for your continued improvement.
  15. achillex

    THR Exercise Routines

    Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I commute back and forth to work and taking Metro so stairs and escalators are always in my routine. I often just stand to the right and let everyone pass me to the left. Janene, I stopped going to PT since it wasn’t really helping me and my insurance...
Back
Top Bottom