THR Am I being daft?

Thank you all for your kind words.
My surgery was done at the Spire hospital (as an NHS patient)
I was a phlebotomist for years-Nottingham.
I'm in a lot of discomfort, especially start up pain, getting out of a chair and taking a few steps is teeth gritting.
I thought it was muscle/IT band probs but X-rays show different. And IT band would be more to the side from what I can gather.
I can actually point to the spot it hurts.
But anyway, things will be what they are, either way something will be done to help me!
Hope everyone else is happy and healthy, and if in UK staying warm!!! Xx
 
It seems I have a very small hairline fracture near the base of the stem and also X-ray does show a minuscule amount of micro motion. Trying to get off a chair is a whole new ball game, especially start up pain, getting out of a chair and taking a few steps is teeth gritting. The pain is worse than pre-op. It's central front of thigh.
If you have a fracture, it will hurt trying to get up. I suggest that when you do, you try to avoid weight bearing on that leg. In fact, I suggest you go lightly on it altogether.

But under the stem point is a white shadow about 4mm thick as if someone's dipped the stem In chalk and pulled it back leaving an outline
That could be easily explained - does it look anything like this?

[Bonesmart.org] Am I being daft?


I don't understand why my consultant would want to see me...oh well!
Well of course he wants to see you if you truly do have a fracture! He needs to assess it himself and see what's what. How much pain you have and so on. And why wouldn't you want him to see you?
My surgery was done at the Spire hospital (as an NHS patient)
Oh neat - but can we please have the actual date of your surgery? So far all we have is "14 weeks ago" which I've estimated as July 12th.

I can actually point to the spot it hurts.
Okay - can you do so?

[Bonesmart.org] Am I being daft?


[Bonesmart.org] Am I being daft?
 
Surgery was June 29th. And the X-ray picture you've shown is very, very similar, but more at the base of the stem, theres is also a thin line coming from the tip of the stem across the bone that looks like its approx 10mm long, hence the fracture query.
And pain is R2f-G.
Thank you so much, I'm sorry I'm so vague!
 
This is very much like my own X-ray @Josephine . but the white line wasn't as thick.

[Bonesmart.org] Am I being daft?
 
pain is R2f-G.
That would be at the end of the stem.

Can you not get a copy of your xray? I do it all the time. Ring the radiology department at the hospital and ask to speak to the person who does the cdrom copies. They will need you hospital number and date of birth of course. They will also require an ID such as your driving licence and/or a utility bill before they can release it to you.. It usually costs about £10.
 
Thank you all for your kind words and support!
I went to my doctor for more pain meds, they've given me tramadol and more naproxen to get me through the nights!
But one thing the dr did say as he was looking at notes and X-rays etc is Varus showing on 2nd X-ray...I thought he said virus! Is varus a normal position?
 
But one thing the dr did say as he was looking at notes and X-rays etc is Varus showing on 2nd X-ray...I thought he said virus! Is varus a normal position?
Sorry, but that made me really chuckle! Quite an obvious misunderstanding when you think about it though. But whether it's 'normal' or not depends upon the context of how he said it. What was varus, for instance. I could really use that xray.
 
Oh yes, I almost forgot - you would do better with the Tramadol if you take it with paracetamol like this.
You can take 50mgs Tramadol instead of 100 if you like but still always take two paracetamol with it. Each of these two meds enhance the other very nicely.

[Bonesmart.org] Am I being daft?
 
Does anyone know what Pedestal means on An X-ray?
 
@Tiggy I merged your thread regarding your x-ray question into your existing recovery thread. Please keep all your questions and updates here so that we have your history and can advise if needed.
Does anyone know what Pedestal means on An X-ray?
@Josephine is our expert regarding x-rays so I am tagging her for you.
 
Can you give me any more details regarding this term? Like the sentence it was in.
Do you have a copy of the xray to post for me?
 
Hey everyone, @Josephine, X-rays are in hand, request forms have been returned,
Now thing is I've ended up in hospital because of a couple of espisodes of subluxation of hip joint. Happened other night when I leant over to kiss hubby, next minute a massive double clunk clunk and some of the worst pain I've ever felt. Overnight stay In Hospital, another X-ray, still shows hairline crack and the pedestal effect at stem base, I'm seeing consultant Monday as a priority appointment and having a hip MOT to get to bottom of whole issues. Will keep you updated.
 
So sorry to hear this @Tiggy !
I leant over to kiss hubby
Were you given any post op restrictions. Bending down is a restriction for many patients just post op. Hope you get some answers soon on this. Please keep us updated!
 
I'm 19 weeks post op, and have been told just to be careful getting in and out the bath lol, he was sitting next to me and leaned in for a kiss and I leaned over to meet him
Wasn't even near a 45° angle! I've never seen him go that colour!!!
 
Well I guess it's just a matter of rotten luck! At 19 weeks you wouldn't need restrictions anyway. I am sure both of you were shocked!
 
Hi all, saw my consultant last week and I have a bone scan booked for 5th of January. Micromotion was mentioned. I did say that I'd done all my physio and after he'd moved my leg said I'd got a good range.
There was no mention of IT band issues. I have a copy of my X-rays which I will post after school run.
 
just had my guided injection of (no steroid) local anaesthetic...totally confused as they injected INTO the replaced joint...ummm how does that work as the joint hasn’t any feelings
I’m not sure how long it’s going to last either...but did discover I have an allergy to sticky monitor pads thanks in advance x
 
Hi @Tiggy
If you have questions about the injection you just received I'm sure your OS
or a member of his care team would happily answer them.
I hope the injection brings you the relief you're seeking.
A great rest of the week to you!
 
@Tiggy Hope you're feeling better. What was the reason why you had to get an injection? Was it soreness or pain in the area?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom