THR Exercise Routines

Here's what worked for me, your results may vary. I took a piece of 2x6 about 1' long and used it as a step and practiced stepping up with a side step while I steadied myself with a chair. When it became easy to step up that height I screwed another board on top doubling the height and eventually tripled it.
 
:wave:Hello fellow hippy. Just wondering if you were still behaving and how you were doing?
This is about the time in my recovery that I gained more confidence and struggled to find a balance between enough and too much!
Hope all is continuing to improve!
 
Hey @Mojo333 ! Doing well, thanks! Taking everyone's advice and just ramping up slowly. I'm able to walk 2 miles without any assistive device but more importantly, the weakness in the operated leg have went away so did the occasional limping. I had to consciously pay attention to my gait since I tend to walk fast (muscle memory..lol) and when I do my gait would misbehave.

I'm able to walk up the stairs now without much pain like before. I decided to stop doing the elliptical when doing my cardio at the gym since I noticed I get more sore the day after so just sticking to the bike and treadmill or walking outside. I don't want to have any setbacks so just enjoying the improved mobility without the pain! :prayer:
 
Great news...I'm so glad you are doing well.
I was looking at your thread title and then Layla's post on Bone-obo's thread.
It made me laugh so hard.
Let's give it a bit before you try that one, OK?:loll:
Onward:egypdance:
 
Sounds like you're doing well. Great news!
I'm happy you're listening to your body when it comes to exercise and adjusting accordingly.
Wishing you a wonderful week as you continue healing!
@achillex
 
:wave:@achillex .
Two months out so if you are tracking around the same as I, you feel like this surgery actually does work...your hip will be golden...but when does all this recovery mess subside?
Such a dance...but it is getting there.
4 month mark was my biggest..hey I am doing really well.
Appreciate the kudos for forum staff...but we all know that the magic of the forum is the sharing of our experiences as hip replacement recipients and the reassurance that comes from those who have Been There , Done That!
Was for me!
Thanks for sharing some encouragement with others.
Hope today is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:
Please continue to let us know how you are dealing with your recovery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom