Recent content by ACDCJen

  1. ACDCJen

    PKR PKR Part Deux: now I’ve got a matching set!<

    @MCC I just wanted to chime in, hopefully it helps? I had a TTT (tibular tubercle transfer) when I was 17, and I believe I had a lateral release (and a few other things!) as part of it. I had a scope and lateral release on the same knee 5 uears prior to the TTT. It was 23 years ago, but i had...
  2. ACDCJen

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    Sounds like you are doing great! Make sure "No" is at the top of your vocabulary list! Uncomfortable is okay; pain is not!!! I did not let anyone else move my knee. If I couldn't do it, another person (or CPM) was not allowed to force it. I cannot remember how long I took the Percocet, but I...
  3. ACDCJen

    Revision TKR Enough already- TKR Post op

    @setiah3 Sorry for the late response. I feel like I gained 1/2 or maybe even 1 inch since my knee replacements. I measure a bit taller at the doctor's office. I had no padding (cartilage) in my knees and,now I do, so maybe that accounts for it? Not sure if that helps you? Hope you and your...
  4. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Well, I've been having a bit of a go of it! Dealing with some residual pain, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing from the PE. I actually had to see my doctor and get an x-ray yesterday to rule out pneumonia. Thankfully, it was ruled out!! I still feel unwell, but at least I know...
  5. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    I realize my last post was basically a repeat of an earlier one! Guess I was still a bit hawky about the whole situation!! Anyway.... Feeling better all the time!!! I went for my first Protime blood draw today (got it on the 2nd poke!!!!). Already got a call from my PCP because the test showed...
  6. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    I'm finally home!!! What a trial this whole situation has been! I haven't taken the time to process it yet, but I will be speaking my mind to a few different people, that's for sure!!! I will never again NOT speak up for myself when I feel something is going on. But, at least the clot didn't...
  7. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Thank you for letting me continue to record my trials and tribulations. Still hate being hospitalized, but I hope the treatment works!!! I have now been poked 20 times total, not including the Lovenox injections, which is ridiculous. All three of the draws today were done on the first tries, so...
  8. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Well, I was feeling awful after my shower yesterday, so I had my mom take me to the ER at the hospital I've had my surgeries, since my OS and wound doctor are there too. Well, 8.5 hours later, I was transferred by ambulance to Rochester General with a suspected blood clot in my lung. They had...
  9. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Well, Karri, you are my hero because I've been a mess today. But, if I keep vomiting, I won't mind if I lose some weight!!!! I feel like such a baby for this short time, but man.....I am glad I've rarely needed antibiotics in my life!!! I guess I should put it in better perspective. :) Jen
  10. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    @KarriB I have no idea how you were able to do a year of the doxy. I'm on my second day and I feel very ill. Compared to the same time last week, I have definitely decompensated. I give you a lot of credit. It just goes to show how we sometimes just have to do what we have to. So, I wasn't...
  11. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. It definitely hurts more today and looks infected. I'm attaching a picture. It seems maybe a little less deep, but I could just be wishing for that. I'm loading up on protein and probiotics. Jen
  12. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Sorry for the delay in the update. I'm going to keep posting here so I have a record of my tribulations!! I did see a PA at my OS office last Tuesday. He was sufficiently concerned enough to send me to the Wound Clinic, and I had that appt today. The PA also put me on the dreaded Keflex for...
  13. ACDCJen

    MUA No faith

    That's a nice thing your doctor did. I am no expert, but I've always thought that more surgery can cause more scar tissue? I *hope* it's an allergy, as weird as that is to say, and hopefully the situation can be rectified for you. Jen
  14. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Unfortunately, I have discovered a tunnel in one of my incisions. (See picture) It's weeping a bit, but there is no pus or real sign of infection. It is a bit deeper than yesterday, so I'm keeping a close eye on it. I'll also be calling my OS on Monday. Sigh....it was going so well, and I am...
  15. ACDCJen

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Hello fellow Bonesmarties! Still hanging in there. Had my second post-op appt yesterday! Everything seems to be going well. My incisions are healing, but the inner one is taking a bit longer because of where it is. I go back in a month. I have to keep up with the Betadine-hibicleans ritual and...
Back
Top Bottom