Recent content by 9 of 11

  1. 9

    Warfarin Rx

    The testing involves checking to see how well your blood is clotting, could send a nurse or lab partner to draw it or could actually send you to an office or clinic that specializes in only monitoring these specific blood levels. I have been on this medicine for 24 years because I have mechanics...
  2. 9

    MUA So much contraction over my incision!

    I also struggled with extension within the realm of ROM, I wish you much luck and support, I see your sporting a Rock tape web, I assumed that your PT has used it , it worked miracles to improve my gait and decrease some lower leg discomfort, I still use the tape 6 out of 7 days ( one day to...
  3. 9

    TKR Update

    Jealous of the pedicure, I am not advised to have one done in a nail salon for 6 months, killing me, I am a every 2 week girl and my toes are just not pretty
  4. 9

    MUA Well, I am confused<

    So did post MUA visit with new OS, basically he feels my extension will improve minimally or not all as my implant is not implanted straight by the prior doc. So, the plan is to get back to life, work ( which is pretty labor heavy) and see him in 3 months if I last. He did tell me come back at...
  5. 9

    Knee Infection* Infection TKR

    Yes, those are some wicked days and nights but it does improve and you will get periods where you can enjoy life. Your new vocabulary will now be meds, ice, elevate and let’s not forget nap. Slowly you will add other things to fill your day but you are truly just beginning the walk on this path...
  6. 9

    TKR Knee gives out

    For what it’s worth, I am just 3 months into this journey but you have a dream extension at -3 for even 6 months out. I have flexion of 120 to 125 but that’s after I stupidly allowed a MUA a couple of weeks ago, my flexion prior was almost at 13o and I could just about match my good knee bend...
  7. 9

    TKR Rockgirl4's Recovery---already full of surprises.

    Your hubby is a dream, I am so happy he is there for you Mine looked at me more than once and told me I was stressing him out more when I tried to clean or put things in order. We both agreed on letting me putter around every hour or so but he put the brakes on when I started to vacuum. FYI, we...
  8. 9

    TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

    Leg hurts, I used Vic’s as well until my Chiropractor reminded me about BioFreeze, it’s a lifesaver for me, I have a tube in my car, in my office and next to the bed. I use it before PT but it’s my go to solution when I wake up at night. I love it and it’s not quite as greasy or smelly as Vics.
  9. 9

    MUA Well, I am confused<

    Well today was my first official day out in the field seeing my moms and babes! Carried my scale and computer with really no problems. Actually came home and cleaned my car and scrubbed it down inside and out to get ready for all those diapers and safe sleep pack and plays I bring. Scrubbed my...
  10. 9

    TKR Rockgirl4's Recovery---already full of surprises.

    It’s okay to exercise self care, in this case, that means no visitors to entertain and to have the people who are paid to care for you respect your wishes. Even though I do PT, I assure you I canceled plenty of sessions when I felt yucky
  11. 9

    TKR Rockgirl4's Recovery---already full of surprises.

    Nap, ice, elevate and know that as absolutely miserable as these early weeks and days are, things do get better. This is time to be selfish, sleep when you can, I dare say most of us get the bulk of our sleep the first few weeks napping in the day. Try different places to rest, I found my family...
  12. 9

    TKR 2 weeks post op pain and stiffness^

    The never ending battle of the scale! I have lost over 30 lbs since surgery on February 26th, heavy believer of WW, I know Keto works but I just like my carbs a little too much. This is a life change I can live and for me the weight is just melting off. 20 more til I am at my goal, doing daily...
  13. 9

    MUA Well, I am confused<

    My niece just came over and did some weird taping on my knee to decrease swelling and my gait and pain improved immediately, odd I know but pretty amazing. She is a gentle PT so I am blessed with that
  14. 9

    MUA Well, I am confused<

    Just a quick question, how long does recovery from a MUA take? It’s been over a week and I expected a little less swelling and a lot less pain, which has really centered on the top of my foot and upper right side of my ankle, usually taking about 500 Tylenol 2 or 3 x a day and 1/2 a norco before...
  15. 9

    MUA Well, I am confused<

    Had the MUA today, full flexion and gained about 2 degrees extension , just under +5 , knee is swollen and may need my cane for 24 hours so not sure if this was worth it but will see, do have a new OS as my former left to return to his home state. Love this new doctor, if and that is a huge if...
Back
Top Bottom