Recent content by 55beachgirl

  1. 55beachgirl

    THR Tendinitis after THR

    I also had anterior right THR and initially did amazing. Six weeks later, I had left TKR which was a hundred times more difficult of a recovery. Thought the hip was the least of my concerns until January, when I started having pain in my groin (the exact pain that caused me to be a candidate for...
  2. 55beachgirl

    Six Month Anniversary!

    Today marks six months since my knee replacement. To celebrate, I rode my bike 25 miles. I'm feeling great, with more range of motion than before my surgery. I can hike, cycle and do yoga. Still have some muscle weakness, but not planning to let that continue for long! Hope everybody else is...
  3. 55beachgirl

    THR Tendinitis after THR

    Not sure if what I'm experiencing is the same as the above, but it is really frustrating me. I am five months post-op (RTHR), and recently began experiencing the same type of pain I had before my hip replacement (pain in the groin area). I have also been awakened by a very painful ache in the...
  4. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    kneeper, always with good, and eating fruits and vegetables...that's when I can stomach anything at all.
  5. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Tykey, nobody told me I would be pain free at six weeks...just my own expectations. I was pain free one week after my hip replacement (I know, knees are more difficult...just didn't think 10 times more difficult!). I will try to take pain meds on a schedule...just tired of the nausea and...
  6. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Maybe I'm just impossibly impatient, but I'm six weeks post-op (RTKR) and didn't expect to still have this much pain. I was very active before surgery (even with a mess of a knee), and now a trip to the grocery store brings me to my knees (pun intended). What's worse, is I don't handle pain meds...
  7. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Finally noticing some improvement! After coming home from the hospital (third day, post-op), I suffered a lot of pain due to swelling. Even though I was icing and using my CPM machine, it just wasn't getting better. Day six, I received some great advice from other members of this great site...
  8. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Jamie, wow! You're really on top of things. Thanks for noticing (and moving) my post. Also, thanks for the advice and reassurance. I think my #1 problem is swelling, and after reading one of the articles, it's clear that I'm not elevating correctly. I will correct that immediately. I was...
  9. 55beachgirl

    TKR 55beachgirl's Recovery Thread

    Six days post-op. Doing okay, but found I absolutely HAVE to take my pain meds on a schedule. If I miss one, my knee lets me know! Tough, since I was off all pain meds with my THR (8 weeks ago) by day 5. Walking with crutches, using ice machine almost 24 hours/day and CPM 3-4 hours a day...
  10. 55beachgirl

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Scheduled for LTKR on 10/21 - six weeks after RTHR! The hip has been a "walk in the park," but from everything I'm reading on this forum, I'm afraid the knee is going to be much more difficult. For example, with my THR I was walking without any aids on day 5 post-op. Very little pain after day...
  11. 55beachgirl

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    The advice I have is a little late to do anything about 5 days out, but going into surgery in the best possible shape you can ("prehab") and having a great surgeon who does the direct anterior approach are my two recommendations. Wishing you a successful surgery and and easy recovery!
  12. 55beachgirl

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Doing great! Just posted an update.
  13. 55beachgirl

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Successful surgery on Tuesday, and looking forward to going home tomorrow (Friday). Had the anterior approach. Very little pain, up walking the day after surgery, with a walker. Worst part now is the boredom of being in the hospital, off most pain meds (so not even sleeping the hours away).
  14. 55beachgirl

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    My surgery (THR) is next Tuesday - 9/3/13. Can't wait!!! Ever since I had to discontinue my ibuprofen, I have been miserable!
Back
Top Bottom