Recent content by 321Evie

  1. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Thank you @Mojo333 and @Bfam85 I really appreciate the info and personal experience. I will definitely get onto those exercises and continue to be patient :)
  2. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    I'm still experiencing pain when lifting my leg. Stairs are no fun. I'm unable to lift my leg while lying down or extend it in anyway. I have backed off from everything except walking. Is there anything that helps a tight posas tendon/muscle other than getting cortisone injections for the rest...
  3. 321Evie

    Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

    How are you feeling @Onestepatatime? My pain is similar to yours and my surgeon mentioned tendinitis and possibly getting a cortisone injection down the track. Did yo have your MRI yet?
  4. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Thank you @Layla! I'm taking a break from the Physio regardless thanks to the Christmas holidays. It's hot here in Australia so I will be in the pool as well!
  5. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Hi everyone, apologies I can’t find my thread anymore. I had a THR on September 9 and another post op yesterday. I mentioned the bit of pain I have when my leg is extended or when I lift it getting into the car. He said it could be the tendon and I could have a cortisone injection in a few...
  6. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    I’m 3 weeks post op today and feel really good! My surgeon did the anterior approach with minimal invasion. So my recovery has been great and my pain in non existent. I can technically stop using the crutch this week, but it’s an absolute mental game and I don’t know how to over come this. I...
  7. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Thanks again everyone. I’m doing much better to the point where I need to slow down. It’s easy to see how you can over do it so quickly once you feel better.
  8. 321Evie

    THR Post Op Day 6---When will the tilting stop?

    My surgeon wants me to wear the compression socks for 6 weeks! I thought it was a touch extreme...
  9. 321Evie

    THR Home recovering LTHR - my current issues

    I’m 8 days post op and happy to report it gets easier! Make sure you are drinking lots of water too. Warm water with a squeeze of lemon helps moves things along too
  10. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Thanks again everyone! I am on iron tablets so that is good. Pathology results did come back that I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis so we’ll deal with that next. I came home 3 days ago and got so sick in the middle of the night. Headache, stomach cramps and vomiting. We think it might have been my...
  11. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Thank you everyone!!! I mastered the stairs today so that’s exciting [emoji4]
  12. 321Evie

    THR I made it!

    Hi everyone, thanks for your well wishes! Surgery (anterior approach) went well, but really wiped me out yesterday. I’m doing much better today and the Physio is very proud of my progress. I’m anemic though so I don’t know if they want to give me a blood transfusion?? I didn’t need any bone...
  13. 321Evie

    Tomorrow is the big day!

    Can’t believe the day has finally arrived. It’s been a long year and a half of waiting. See you on the other side!!!
  14. 321Evie

    2019 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    My surgery date has been moved to September 9 [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. 321Evie

    Has anyone had a bone graft with their replacement?

    Good news, my surgeon got back to me. The bone graft will not be structural, more just filling up the cracks so recovery won’t be AS bad. Thank god! In other news, my blood work shows I’m low in iron and have tested positive for staphylococcus (MRSA) from my nose and groin swabs. I’ve started...
Back
Top Bottom