Recent content by 2chains

  1. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    3 month update! I am back on one crutch after two previous weeks having been reverted to two crutches. Pain in the femur fracture location continues and concern is about the formation of the callus for bone repair. I was advised by my GP to begin stationary bike work for core strengthening...
  2. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    6 week update; First few days without any bracing and things feel ok, knee doesn't feel noticeably weaker! Went to GP for follow up and she is concerned with continued warm sensation below knee. Advised to get off all pain meds as I am still doing too much:banghead:... so will taper off til...
  3. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    5 week update Went to GP last tuesday with lateral pain, swelling and very warm just above knee where fracture was repaired. Will continue to ice and elevate but no more weight bearing exercises as the fracture won't continue to heal otherwise. Continue to work on flexion and extension...
  4. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    3 week update! It has been one week now without the immobilizer brace and now using the hinged brace. Significantly more pain as I started the bending exercises, also having issues staying asleep waking after 5 hrs. I had a reaction to the percacet meds and went back to the GP for hydromore...
  5. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Two week update; Went to get the staples out not too bad overall. Switched out from my leg immobilizer brace to a Ossur Rebound hinged brace. Got instruction on proper 'walking' with two crutches and getting used to the added weight of the hinged brace. Started the exercises 5 reps 4 times...
  6. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Day 8 of my revision recovery Icing and elevating throughout the day. I purchased an Alexa smart plug and found a routine to switch my Breg Kodiak ice machine on and off. Using 4 500ml bottles as ice and they work to keep it cool through the day. I saw my GP yesterday and she confirmed as I...
  7. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Thank you all for the well wishes! Easing into icing, elevating and aids to daily living. The immobilizer brace is making things a little easier until the bending starts in two weeks!
  8. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Revision surgery completed May 26 2025. I was dozzing in and out of consciousness through the surgery, they had a difficult time removing the uncemented implants. They found the plateau on the fibula was off centre other thing I had a bone fracture and had to have an extra plate added on the...
  9. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Hey there! Thanks for the reply. I missed your reply notification. Went to GP and no issues with breathing and ears, nose and throat are nice and pink looking. I was advised by my GP to take Mucinex and was prescribed doxycyline. The side effects from those are not great...GP advised to...
  10. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Revision surgery scheduled for this Monday May 26, unfortunately I just developed a cold. Stuffed up and sinus pressure. Will this delay my surgery? tx
  11. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    After two years of issues I contacted the Toronto surgical company. They put me in touch with their Calgary surgical group. Because it was a private surgical group the Calgary doctor could order testing but couldn't do the surgery. I was placed on a consult list for a local surgeon.
  12. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Hi, yes the surgery is in my home town! No flight afterward!
  13. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Really hoping for the best revision outcome. Been following @Jcx and @Toothfairy in their revision journey!
  14. 2

    Revision TKR YYZ Back To YYC!

    Received a call from the surgery clinics case manager! Surgical date for my revision is May 26, 2025! Lots of stuff to take care at home!
  15. 2

    Revision TKR Left, right, left again

    Awesome news! So great to hear you are pretty much back to normal. What do you attribute to your success over the 7 months?
Back
Top Bottom