Recent content by 1jt@atime

  1. 1jt@atime

    THR New lease on life

    Hi Diane, Be careful with that tripping. It's been just over 15 months since my hip revision and the nerve damage I experienced. I've not seen any improvement for at least 6-7 months and I trip most everyday to one extent or another. I still have to use a cane and that's what I usually catch...
  2. 1jt@atime

    Bent out of shape....

    Hope everything went well for you today! :thumb:
  3. 1jt@atime

    THR My Intro...

    To add to what the others have said, keep in mind that arthroscopic surgery is a walk in the park compared to a replacement. I need another hobby too. I'm going to run out of joints to replace pretty soon....but then I guess I can continue with revisions. Ugggg...:sigh:
  4. 1jt@atime

    Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville

    .....And I was 43 when mine was discovered to be bone on bone and had been for a long time by the looks of the Xray. I would have been in a wheel chair through my 40s and onward had I waited until I was "old enough" to have mine replaced. I think that Jo forgot to tell you that early 50s is...
  5. 1jt@atime

    Both knees replaced at same time if knock-kneed?

    ....And I want to read your brutal honesty! :th_heehee:
  6. 1jt@atime

    Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville

    Jo, those from Jacksonville, Florida call it JAX for short.
  7. 1jt@atime

    THR My Intro...

    Hi Cardie! If you need a spine doc reference just let me know. I know a really good one in our area. Hang in there...
  8. 1jt@atime

    TKR Possible 2nd MUA and possible referral needed

    Jill, It is so good to hear from you again and that perhaps you have FINALLY found the surgeon that can at least make your life a little better. That is the goal we all strive for when we have these replacements and I know how frustrating it is when you don't get that relief we all seek. Keep...
  9. 1jt@atime

    Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

    Re: Looks like a revision for me then!! LOZ, don't get a MoM revision. Put a little ceramic or plastic in there. Just sayin.....
  10. 1jt@atime

    Is Hindsight Really 50/50? In That Case....!

    Hi Hurzalot! I hurtzalot too and I say just do it! Welcome to Bonesmart. I like your name. :thumb:
  11. 1jt@atime

    Bilateral TKR La's new knees (recovery diary)

    Re: Air travel after TKR? Also, don't hesitate to ask the flight attendant for a bag of ice for your knee if it's soon after your replacement. They were always more then willing to do this for me.
  12. 1jt@atime

    MRI after TKR?

    I had an MRI of my MoM hip. Didn't show much because of the shadows but it also didn't hurt me in anyway.
  13. 1jt@atime

    Revision TKR Now what???

    Sandy, I always read your thread and want you to know that I'm here to support you. While I don't have the problem with pain control, I DO know how it feels to have a failed joint and having to go through joint replacement after replacement with what seems like no end in sight. Please know...
  14. 1jt@atime

    THR New lease on life

    Diane, Glad to hear you are doing better today. What I want to know is how Cardie can use her heated seats in this warm weather!?! Huh Cardie? :th_heehee: But Diane, I wanted to tell you that you can get a seat heater for your car off Amazon for about $20. I got one for my husband last...
  15. 1jt@atime

    Memory Foam Mattress anyone?

    I have a memory foam mattress that moves up and down for both feet and head and I absolutely love it. With all the surgeries I've had, it's made all the difference in the world. My husband and I also enjoy it for reading in bed.
Back
Top Bottom