I used to always try to figure out what I did to cause an increase in pain. I still do, to some extent, but it’s really not worth the trouble, I just call my knee the Drama Queen!
United States
United StatesYour ROM is going to fluctuate all the time, that’s just the way it is, try to ignore it and just believe that you are healing and all will be well.but this has been a rough week. Knee is feeling very tight, swollen and not as "bendy."

United States
United States
United StatesI know it doesn't seem like it now, but that day will come. It took about 6 months before I stopped dwelling on my knee and worrying about every little pain. As time goes on you will start to forget about it for short bursts. Then before you know it, it's forgotten about almost all the time. Now, mine feels natural and better than my old, natural knee. You;ll get there, too.I wonder when the time comes that my knee is not the entire focus of my day (life). Also wonder when I will be glad I had the surgery and not curse the leg each day.
United States
United StatesI didn't mean that you would completely forget about your knee at six months, just that you probably wouldn't be dwelling on it all the time like in the earlier days. Your surgeon is correct, it takes an average of a year to heal from this surgery. You sound like you're doing quite well with it.I actually just came from the surgeon for a 3 month check. I asked him the same question and he said a year. I like your answer better!
He said I was doing well and to see him again in 6 weeks.
United States
United States