You CAN Recover...You can be active again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the scare of my life today when I rec'd a call informing me that my TKR surgery is scheduled for Sept/14 opposed to Feb/15 according to my surgeon when I talked to him in June. Of course, I cancelled because I'll be attending my daughter's grad in Phoenix AZ Oct 25/14 and wouldn't miss it for anything. I was also told that they can only reschedule every 2 mos. so I guess I'll be on for surgery Nov/14 sometime which is even too soon because I'm not mentally or emotionally prepared...I'm still too terrified so made an appointment with a psychologist for Sept 4/14. Through my TKR pre and post op research indicated I have to have my dental work done (no infections) so made an appointment with my dentist for next week as well. I'm getting things done slowly but still full of fear and anxiety. Perhaps, after a few sessions I'll be stabilized and ready to face what's in store for me concerning the knee surgery. Is there anyone out there with similar problems re: TKR surgery? Would like to hear from you. Thank you kindly and appreciate it.

Awww @wechomni it sounds like you are a bit torn. You are taking the right steps, but scared. Can you verbalize what part scares you? Kudos to you for reaching out for help & pressing forward despite your anxiety!!! I can tell that despite my many previous surgeries, I was definitely anxious! The surgeries (mine was done in two stages) were the easy part. The recovery definitely takes commitment, mental strength, and patience, lots & lots of patience!!! The mass majority of TKR patients will tell you it was worth it! And it is! You still have miles to walk, loved ones to care for, and sights to see! You will find that there are many here in your same shoes. Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks