THR Worries about pain and recovery<

Thanks for the advice....how will l know it's the right time ???

Usually when you can walk without the limp.:umm:
You should practice heel/toe walking and do what you are doing...take your short walks being mindful of your gait and posture.
Longer treks may need some help with the cane.
It is a bit of a dance but your body will give you the cues.

I know you are ready to be done...:sigh:
Do follow up longer periods of activity with the old standbys..ice and elevation.
Yep, still!:yes:

Thankyou Mojo and Jaycey.....l will take your advice and be patient :bored:........x

:wink: You will be glad you had a mindful patient recovery.
Helps you dodge ALOT of post-op problems that can crop up from overdoing it!

Everytime I see "drummer" :bored:now , I think of you!:heehee:
Sorry.

Have a good day @Misscarol :flwrysmile:

You will know the time is right when you find you have walked into the next room and find you're forgotten to take your can with you!

That's happening in kitchen ...when l am walking around the kitchen tops :unsure:....maybe soon...still feels sore today...after my last try :tantrum2:oh my...this is not an easy fix.....

Hope you are hanging in there...and you are starting to see the light flickering at the end of the tunnel on the recovery road.
Have a Good Day, friend.

Hello everyone....so sorry to be a burden , but , l am really struggling mentally today...was staying for last 2months with friends (had the occasional panic attack, but kept at bay with company ) and came home 2 days ago.....l live on my own...l have had friends , family over both days...as l explained before...this is second operation, as first pins and screws backed out and hip was collapsing....so l went private and had hip replaced....l have had 7 and half months of worry pain and a lot of isolation.....went to see physio before coming home and he wasnt concerned...put me onto one stick....said l may have a bursa...pain (and small pad)going from buttock into lower thigh....pooling of blood (pinky purply ) in foot, mainly heel..which he said would clear...walking ok with stick and he said unaided would come soon....l just dont feel l can carry on.....don't want to eat , talk , no enthusiasm for anything !! Going to see doctor tomorrow....hate the thought of anti depressants, but , just cannot cope...l have tried everything to keep positive...ran out of ideas...anyone else felt like this??...sorry for my rant...but l feel desperate.....:blackcloud:

Oh @Misscarol
I do feel badly for you.
It's just been a rough time but it is getting better:tada:
If they feel you could benefit from some short term help from antianxiety medication, then do consider...
It has been a long journey for you with all the complications, but I shan't let you fall down these few months from the finish line.
Hugs and good mojo coming your way. :angel:

Thankyou Mojo...my cousin came and picked me up...so staying with her tonight...feel so pathetic, as people probably feel you should be feeling mentally better too...its a hard journey....thanks again....:bored:

@Misscarol
Glad you have some company...we are rooting for you.
Sometimes when all gets too much to think about, I just idle.
There are things WE cannot change...but certainly things do change.
Hang in there, friend. :console2:

Had a wonderful doctor today...who understood all my problems and also said it was understandable after 7 and half month of recovery etc....she has put me onto anti depressants ( min.6months ) and a beta blocker for anxiety symptoms....positive thinking needed.....hope my fellow "hippies" are having a good day....

I am glad you are getting some help with this rough patch...do let this be just one tool in your toolbag..and keep finding ways to stay engaged and away from the duldrums.
Four month mark was my biggest turnabout...physically and mentally.
Hope all levels out soon.

@Misscarol glad you found a good doctor to talk with and hope the meds help you through this little bump in the road. Sometimes it just gets to be a little much and we need a helping hand. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
:flwrysmile:

Thankyou Mojo and Elf1....really appreciate...wishing you a good recovery Elf1...and Mojo....you are a wonderful caring person thankyou....:angel:

Sorry you're struggling a bit @Misscarol
Hopefully things will now begin falling into place for you.
Just know we're here when you're feeling down, or lonely.
Sending hugs and wishes for your comfort and peace of mind. :console2:

Thankyou Layla....much appreciated...l am trying , all hindered by pain....always had this pain radiating from hip down thigh ..pain radiating to knee ( at outside) and stiff into calf....physio said it may ?? Be a bursa or nerve pinching ?? But didn't seem unduly concerned....l have tried to walk unaided, but have this severe limp and cannot seem to straighten...but l walk straight with stick...he said it will all come right...we are nearly 9weeks !!!...any advice on that ??

Also...as l am lying on back to sleep...still too painful to go to side...the base of my back pain wakes me !!!....its all worrying and wearing...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bob5677
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom