Guest viewing is limited

TKR Worried Sick about Progress

You can take them together. The PM part is just a generic form of Benadryl so if you already have Tylenol you might just want to go get that. Tramadol please Tylenol extra strength together (1,000mg) should help the pain and the Benadryl can help your sleep. I hope you sleep better tonight.
 
I'm not surprised you're still in pain. It could take a few days to a week to recover from strength training at this point. I'm not sure about the Tylenol pm, but check the amount in the bottle and see if it's the same or less than the regular Tylenol you are taking.are you in pain through the day or just night?
 
I had used the Tramadol with the Tylenol pm and it was a very good combination for me as well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@KarriB is right. It has taken me almost a week to recover from the pain i got from doing step ups, bridges, and half squats. The pain I had was almost identical to what you reported. I hope you will sleep much better with the Tramadol Tylenol pm combination. Many are helped by it. Hopefully things will now settle down for you, then so should your anxiety.Try to baby and rest your knee as much as possible.
 
Thank you all for your advice! The sleeping is better: I am taking Tylenol PM and Tramadol. However, things are not going well at all. I have been doing only gentle extensions and bends and walking all week, but all the nasty burning feeling in my buttocks, discomfort in the groin and hips did not abate. I am thinking that something else is going on but I am having trouble identifing what it could be. I went to my primary on Thursday and she diagnosed an inguinal hernia (not requiring intervention at this point), hip bursitis on the right (I am RTKR), but did not give me a good read on what the rest of the symptoms might be. I have an appointment with a Physical Medicine and Rehab doctor on the 20th, but I am still concerned that I am not hitting the right medical resource. I am thinking the tingling in the buttocks is nerve compression. I think I should have an MRI of lower back through hips that would show the nerve situation. Moreover, I have a tingling, numb feeling in my neck too! I am a complete mess and have no idea what is happening to me. Of course the doc looked at me and immediately said I needed something for my anxiety and I agreed.... I've never felt so horrid in my life! There is virtually no position I feel comfortable in: whether it is sitting, lying down, walking, standing, the burning, achiness, tingling are always there!!! Does any of it make sense to anyone? What specialist should I be hunting for?
 
You poor thing. I have no idea what kind of specialist you need, but I want you to know that we care. There are lots of us on here that will be praying for you!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
I know I ached everywhere from doing so much sitting in the same position and laying in bed didn't help either. Time was the only thing tha helped me. But I have no idea where to direct you. How long has it been since you were strength training? It could very well have put pressure on other parts of your body.
 
I am also having problems in my neck like you are describing. I have some pain in my lower back too and I have tingling, burning pain on the TKR leg. I saw my PCP and he has me taking mobic which is an anti inflammatory for a short time and flexeril which is a muscle relaxer. He offered PT or a chiropractor to me. He knew of a good chiropractor so I went there. Since my leg wasn't straight pre TKR and was straightened afterwards it seems my hips and shoulders aren't even which is causing my pain. I'm also putting a heating pad around my neck which is helping. That burning can be related to sciatica from what I was told and can happen in your buttocks, down the entire leg, shin or bottom of your feet. I hope you are feeling better soon.:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all for being so wonderfully supportive! @newlybionic, this seems to somewhat akin to what I am experiencing. I have put myself on ibuprofen (maybe mobic is stronger - is it prescription only?) a couple of days ago so that fits your treatment. I did mention a muscle relaxer to my primary, but she didn't prescribe one, maybe I'll call her and try to persuade her to put me on one. I'll try a heating pad on my neck and see what that does. I was also thinking about a chiro, but it's like with PTs, so many can do more harm than good and I am already feeling like one false maneuver will break me! - difficult to evaluate without a word-of-mouth recommendation! To be honest, it is astounding that in this day and age, we lack the means for making rational consumer choices in an area as vital as medicine when so much is at stake! It is a beautiful summer day in Minnesota, my furry dachshunds are spread on the top of the sofa lazily eying the life outside, but all that loveliness is lost on me, I am so preoccupied with not knowing what is wrong with me and yet dreading to find out! I know that this is some kind of a life exam and I am flunking it, just handling adversity like a pampered self-centered wimp - a lousy example for my dear children! Ok, signing off before I totally drown in self-pity!
 
You can come on here anytime you want, you will always find sympathetic ears to listen to your troubles. It is scary to have undiagnosed symptoms and to worry about what the future holds. I hope and pray you will get some answers soon.
I was on Mobic for a while for RA, it is a prescription anti inflammatory.
Tabby xxx
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom