THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have a quick update . I did test positive for c diff.
I found out yesterday afternoon. I have started a 14 day 3x's a day course of Metronidazole. Hopefully this will be all it takes to resolve this issue. I am ready to be done with this. This is not fun. @Tweetybrd , @DizzyBlond , @Nana2-8 and @Cynthia777 I do find a lot of comfort knowing you and others are lifting me up in prayer. Thank you dear friends for your support. I hope you all are well.

Brenda
 
Ahhh - I don't like that for you at all ;( love and light being sent your way!!!!!! Hugz


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Brenda, as much as I'm so sad that the labs came back positive for C.Diff, my first thought was that at least you NOW have an answer, you've got the medication, and it won't be long before this is all in the past. Yep, we're praying for the meds to do their work quickly, efficiently, and that your'll be strengthened physically as you're dealing with both this bug AND recovery! Sending lots of hugs to you this Friday afternoon!! xoxoxox
 
Oh wow! I'm so sorry that you were positive. I hope the medicine works quickly. Hugs
How are you feeling otherwise? Still resting and icing and elevating I hope. :)
 
I'm so sorry Brenda! My heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my prayers daily. Please know that one of the members answering here on your thread is a pastor's wife and I'm sure you will be on her church's prayer list as well. Praying the antibiotic will knock the infection out quickly. :prayer:
 
@Wrknitout, Brenda, it must be a relief to get the diagnosis, but what an unfortunate situation, to say the least. There are things they can do now to help you get over it, and I trust you will get the best treatment available! All of my good wishes to you in feeling better soon!
 
Gosh, so sorry to read that you are dealing with C Diff. Nasty stuff! Hope the meds are knocking this back quickly. Hang in there my friend!
 
How are you deary? Wanted to check in and see how you were;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jillians I had a pretty good day today . Hopefully tomorrow will be even a little better. I think the meds (and every ones prayers) are helping the c diff . I finally had a little energy and did some stuff around the house. I have never been so excited about doing chores. My incision has been more painful lately and you can see the scar tissue forming it seems really lumpy. I am not brave enough to start massaging it yet the way some have said they do to help the scar be less noticeable. I will give it a little more time to heal first. It is nice to be able to see physical evidence of healing though. I hope you are doing well and your kids are doing good with school starting up and you being a little out of commission right now. I hope you are not feeling extra stressed about all of that right now and are able to focus on your recovery. Hugs to you.
 
@Krista you are so right it is a relief to know what is going on and have a game plan to get rid of it. I appreciate your good wishes. I hope you are well. I am going to do some reading tomorrow and catch up on what has been going on with my bonesmart friends. Take care.
 
@Nana2-8 ,@Cynthia777 @DizzyBlond ,@Tweetybrd and @HipMomOf3 Thank you ladies so much for all of your prayers. I know they must be working as I felt so much better today. It was a nice reprieve. I did use the extra energy I had to get some stuff done even if it were in a somewhat modified fashion. I will see how I feel tomorrow but, am hopeful it will be even better than today. I really do appreciate all of the support. Thank you.
 
@Jaycey you are so very right about this being nasty stuff it really is . One of the bad things about this is how it robs me of my energy. I am looking forward to having more energy with no hip pain weighing me down either. I will feel unstoppable I imagine and will probably drive my hubby crazy lol ! Thank you for your kind wishes.
 
I'm doing pretty well and in glad your finally moving forward.

There was extra stress with school starting but I think it will all just have to fall into place- my pain is at a minimum- lowered the pain meds and trucking on. The craziest part for me is due to the pain before- I never paid attention to how much I didn't use the muscles- now they are alive and kicking- it's hard to know what's "normal" since there is none- lol-

So I'll just keep trucking along slowly even though in my head I'm running through the flowers lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @HipMomOf3 I am doing pretty well. I have been responding to the medicine for the c diff . I only have a few more days to take it yeah! The hope is I will not have a reoccurring case of it . I feel good about it and will do my best to insure it will not come back by using quality probiotics and eating healthy foods. My energy levels are improving and that is a huge blessing. I started using the cane a few days ago. Sometimes I just use nothing when moving around the kitchen or bathroom. I got brave and went on my first outing that was not a Drs appointment or just a ride in the car with the hubby. I went to Costco and walked for an hour. My hubby did all the heavy lifting. I brought my cane but used the cart to stabilize myself. It was very good to be out. I was exhausted by the time I got home and put away what I could without breaking precautions. I am still a little drained today but, it was worth it. I also did the full shower, makeup and hair yesterday plus a few house chores prior to going to Costco so it was no wonder I was so beat. I was nervous about going out because of my hip precautions no bathroom or place to sit would be available. We just planned on keeping the trip quick. It all went well and we successfully put a dent in the budget lol!!! :wink:. I hope you are doing well. I am gonna go catch up on your thread right now and find out.
 
@Wrknitout -We must be on the same wave-length.....I did Costco yesterday too! And came home exhausted! But my prayers for you must have been heard since I hear some of your energy is returning!! That must be because I went to mass for the first time since surgery (no kneeling!) ....you know, I was using the "direct route"! You just keep taking good care of yourself and remember this is not a race! Keep up the good work.
 
Wow!! Costco!!! I'm totally impressed!!! So glad to hear the meds are working on the c diff and that your strength is increasing! Shower, hair, make-up AND Costco? That's a lot for one day - so glad you're dong it!!! It's great to hear you're doing so well!!! xoxox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom