TKR Withdrawals or Celebrex Caused Insomnia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get down on the floor looking for a hiding kitten yesterday, and I distinctly felt the "coconut half-shell" sensation you described.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Thanks everyone. I too started off on pillows and then carpet. Hard surfaces are far too uncomfortable but sometimes it's necessary like when I have to get down on the kitchen floor and ransack the plastic container cabinet looking for a container to store food in. I actually bought a foam pillow about 10"X18" and use it when I have to spend extended time on my knees.

Jamie, the patella button! Good to know there's a name for this uncomfortable device.

tmf
 
Yes, there is a name for it. You can see an actual photo of what the button looks like in this thread in our BoneSmart Library. I do caution anyone, though, that this link has actual surgery photos that are graphic. They may not be for everyone!

The plastic button goes on the underneath side of the patella, once it is smoothed and shaped to accept it. The button facilitates smooth movement of the knee and is usually put in when a patient has any hint of arthritis in the patellar component. That applies to most of us getting knee replacements.
 
I have actually sat in on a hip replacement surgery and a TKR back in the 90's when I owned a CPM/DME business. And I watched an hour long youtube video before surgery just to see how things have changed in the last 20 years. And I agree, watching these videos is not for everyone. Including me. Seeing how much trauma goes on during surgery gave me an appreciation for why it takes so long to recover.

I had forgot about the button they insert into the patella. Don't think they did that 20 years ago? But I did see it in the video a year ago but just forgot about it. Amazing how small it is but how large it feels when pressed against a floor.
 
I hope this helps. A friend ended up in the ER with the shakes and in a cold sweat when he went cold turkey off oxy after his TKR; no one warned him!

I learned that the hard way. After only 5 day and no BM, I had had enough and just stopped, changing to tylenol only. That night I had what I thought was the worse case of food poisoning I had ever had. Just withdrawal from only 5 days on it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom